Solved

Next up Autoplay Station won't stay off

Userlevel 1
i keep turning it off but it just turns back on if i click another song
icon

Best answer by Navid 10 April 2019, 17:23

Hey there,

We are sorry to hear you’re not enjoying the continuous play feature. The intention of the feature is to allow you to explore SoundCloud while continuously listening to sounds from your Stream. Please rest assured that the tracks that play will relate to tracks on your Stream and your ‘Likes’, they won’t be totally random unless you have a low activity on the platform, then usually tracks from the top charts will play.

At the moment, it is unfortunately not possible to disable continuous play. However, if you are listening to tracks on the web version or on an Android device, it is possible to go to your “Next up” list to disable “Autoplay station” or to clear play queue to limit continuous play.

Hope that clarifies!

Cheers,
Navid
View original

20 replies

Userlevel 1
Tell me about it. It keeps turning ON and i will end up hearing non-related playlist which stuttles me quite a bit.
Imagine listening to soothing song & next thing you realise a spanish song is coming out that was not even my selection in the first place. Soundcloud. Can we do something about this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Apologies about this - autoplay currently cannot be turned off permanently. I'll pass on your feedback to the relevant product team.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Thank u for the prompt reply. Looking forward to the development 🙂
Userlevel 3
Please take this autoplay station off
Userlevel 3
this feature should be removed
Having the same issue.
I try to listen to playlists artists I follow have put together, and music from other playlists/artists keep coming up.
Can't really complain because it's free and I love soundcloud... but there's room for improvement 🙂
Userlevel 1
I'm getting the same problem. Every time I start a playlist or choose a new song it turns on the Autoplay Station option. If I set it to off, that is the way it should stay.

People have been asking for the past 4 years to remove autoplay and soundcloud thought this would be a good idea. I like how you now sort of have the option to turn off autoplay but I should not have to do it every single time I want to listen to something. What is the point of trying to force people into using your autoplay "feature"?

Crazy thought, but if you actually start caring about and listening to your users you'll get more people who are willing to pay for soundcloud premium thus making you more money! It is a win/ win situation to remove autoplay or the simplest way since you already have the option now, just keep it turned off!
This is a real problem.
Userlevel 3
Hi there,

Apologies about this - autoplay currently cannot be turned off permanently. I'll pass on your feedback to the relevant product team.

Cheers
Mathis

Soundcloud is unusable with this feature enabled.
I have to turn it off everytime I visit the site... it's annoying... why don't you make it optional... instead of forcing people to do things that are inconvenient and frustrating.
Super lame anti feature. hasnt been rectified in how long!! #soundcloudshurtin
The mandatory autoplay station is a NIGHTMARE...

What is the point of listening to any page/playlist now? It just switches to a random shuffle of the entire Soundcloud library.

Please kill this feature if you have any consideration for user experience...

PLEASE.
Bump.
8 months later and soundcloud is still broken/unusable due to this.
Someone let me know when I can use this service to listen to music of my choice again.
8 months passed and still the same issue..
Even I cannot delete my comment here. 😑
This horrendous feature is why I no longer enjoy using Soundcloud to play anything. I still host my music here, but this is deliberate antipattern UX, doing what you know the user DOESN'T want, because it benefits you. Screw you, Soundcloud. I pay for your goddamned service and you constantly stab us in the back.
When will SoundCloud allow Autoplay to be switched off and not be turned automatically back on again? These are my settings, not SoundCloud’s. I want to decide when to switch it back on again, in return for my subscription. This problem has been highlighted repeatedly over a very long time - why is nothing being done? It is very annoying.
1 year development.... and it still can't be turned off permanently... they should try harder...

When can we finaly switch it off ?????
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey there,

We are sorry to hear you’re not enjoying the continuous play feature. The intention of the feature is to allow you to explore SoundCloud while continuously listening to sounds from your Stream. Please rest assured that the tracks that play will relate to tracks on your Stream and your ‘Likes’, they won’t be totally random unless you have a low activity on the platform, then usually tracks from the top charts will play.

At the moment, it is unfortunately not possible to disable continuous play. However, if you are listening to tracks on the web version or on an Android device, it is possible to go to your “Next up” list to disable “Autoplay station” or to clear play queue to limit continuous play.

Hope that clarifies!

Cheers,
Navid
Hey there,

Hope that clarifies!

Cheers,
Navid

u guys are trash lmfao thank god i dont waste money on a subscription for a company who cant provide their users simple and functional features. soundcloud reminds me of microsoft - so many users, but a business who doesn't give a shit about anything but revenue, and will never listen to their users. pretty pathetic