Solved

No Shuffle?

Userlevel 1
Where did Shuffle button go from Likes playlist? :?
icon

Best answer by camelotcrusade 22 June 2017, 05:20

Guys I just posted saying I couldn't find it, and then I realized it's on the playbar at the bottom of the screen now. You have to start playing a song and then a playbar shows up and it has a shuffle button on it.
View original

21 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm having the same issue. I wish I could get it back because it seems when I use the shuffle button at the bottom where the songs go, it keeps playing only one section of my playlist and then turns into random music not on my playlist.
Mine's gone too. I still have it on mobile but not on regular browser.
They kind of ruined the shuffle by making it only shuffle songs in a certain area of your liked songs 😕
Guys I just posted saying I couldn't find it, and then I realized it's on the playbar at the bottom of the screen now. You have to start playing a song and then a playbar shows up and it has a shuffle button on it.
This feature (Shuffle slider in Likes) seems to have been removed today.
The documentation needs updating: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003449147-Shuffling-tracks
The new shuffle under the "next up" window under your playlists is completely useless. It shuffles between like 20 songs. And once you select a song further down the list all previous songs are removed from shuffle. My playlists are now utterly worthless. Why can't there be a random shuffle button for ALL songs in a playlist? Why remove this feature? If I wanted to listen to songs in the order I liked them I wouldn't need a playlist in the first place. No surprise that this company is going bankrupt when they can't maintain basic features.
What's the point of having a shuffle button if it wont shuffle the f**** playlist
I am having a big problem even getting it to shuffle the playlist at all. Agreed that you must "start" a song and then good luck if it continues on your playlist after that. It throws in random things.
yall needa fix this lol
Userlevel 1
I used to be able to shuffle my likes, and now it's impossible. Please address this, it was one of my favorite features of SoundCloud. I can't fathom why one would remove such an essential feature.
Yeah this is really annoying, the new shuffle literally does nothing just plays the same songs again and again.
Fix this please.
Use this script
http://jsbin.com/juqohovaga/
Use this script http://jsbin.com/juqohovaga/

how do i use this script?
Seriously guys, I really appreciate that you try hard to deliver us awesome features !
Please bring back the ability to shuffle through only the likes ! It was a feature I loved so much.

As of today, the method with "Next Up" does not seem to work, it does not constrain the playlist that is being shuffled to only my "likes". It adds a bunch of other songs and does not even have a shuffle algorithm that can return different results everytime it is pressed, even if the playlist remains the same. Also, the button to "Autoplay station" always turns itself back on, even when I disable it.

Do you think there is a chance that we will see the old "Shuffle" feature again ? I hope so 😞
Use this script http://jsbin.com/juqohovaga/

how do i use this script?
The new shuffle under the "next up" window under your playlists is completely useless. It shuffles between like 20 songs. And once you select a song further down the list all previous songs are removed from shuffle. My playlists are now utterly worthless. Why can't there be a random shuffle button for ALL songs in a playlist? Why remove this feature? If I wanted to listen to songs in the order I liked them I wouldn't need a playlist in the first place. No surprise that this company is going bankrupt when they can't maintain basic features.

I think you need to load the entire page to shuffle the entire playlist (which is really annoying as it takes time)
Posted this on another reply, but worth resaying:

I'm quite confident they have done this in attempt to save money. By only shuffling 10-20 songs (the most recent of likes) they don't have to render your entire playlist which saves them a couple of cents of bandwith.

Pretty dumb because the lack of a shuffle feature is what is holding me back from paying for Soundcloud premium service.

This is the most basic of features any music service needs.
Idk man, they let you shuffle all your likes on the iOS mobile app at least. It's really annoying that I can't do it on desktop.
Well, I guess I'll be cancelling my premium service!
Utterly useless. Shuffle was the thing I liked it most for.
Still a problem today.