Question

Playlist length

How can I view the total length of my playlist, like before the update?

12 replies

👍🏼Dave

So that's

Profile > Playlists > Refresh Browser > Click on Playlist > view total number of tracks and playlist length

I bet that catches out a lot of people who are just looking for a simple bit of data that shouldn't be hidden in this way!

C'mon SoundCloud - make this more visible!
By the way is there any way to get this forum to notify you when people reply to your post? I didn't see SudaniQueen's reply until today because I didn't get a notification when she replied to my post.

Dave
I've discovered that you have to refresh your browser while you're in Playlists view, before you open the playlist. If you do that and then open the playlist, it looks like the second screen capture that SudaniQueen posted and it displays the number of tracks and the total playlist time. If you don't refresh first, it displays the waveform of the first track in the playlist instead.

Dave
You need to listen to a track from another playlist before you will see the playlist time display.
once you click on your playlist title the length and amount of tracks should come up like this
go to your profile and click on playlists it should come up as something like this and then you would click on the title of your playlist like how i underlined ''litty''
No - when I click on the title of the playlist it opens the playlist and it then looks like the screen capture in my previous post.

Dave
to see the length of your playlist click on the name/title of your playlist and it should show how many tracks there are and the total length of the playlist hope this helped.
I get the same thing as Gina - when I open a playlist it immediately starts to play the first track and displays the length of that track, not the length of the playlist:

So how can I get the length of the entire playlist?

Dave
Make sure you are not currently playing (or just paused) a song from the playlist in interest, otherwise it will only show information about that particular song and not about the whole playlist which includes the amount of tracks and the total duration of the playlist.

Hope it clarifies, cheers!
Hi there,

Click on the playlist, once on the playlist page then look at the right end of the waveform, the time duration there is the total duration of the entire playlist.

Cheers,
Gina

I'm just seeing the length for the first song when I do that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi there,

Click on the playlist, once on the playlist page then look at the right end of the waveform, the time duration there is the total duration of the entire playlist.

Cheers,
Gina