Question

Playlist showing no more than 200 songs in the web app?

Hi there!

I've been adding songs to a playlist, and it's stopped displaying any more than 200. I know they're still in the list as the mobile app displays them all, so have been wondering if this is a bug or limitation of the website? If not, is it possible to rectify on my end?

Thank you!!

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
CJHH,

Thanks for writing in. Truth be told, playlists over 200 hundred tracks are know to become glitchy. Our engineers are aware of this but unfortunately we do not have the resources currently to look into this now. I recommend that if your playlist is getting up there then to consider breaking down the playlist into two smaller ones.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Best,
Gina
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My songs won't load onto my playlist on the computer, or on the soundcloud app fo....

For my computer, I am using Google Chrome, on Windows 8. For my Ipod 5 ios 8.3, I am using the Soundcloud app.

Ok so, I've added new songs to a soundcloud playlist of mine, from other artist. In total, I have about 224 songs that should be on my playlist. When I view my playlist on my computer, the song count says 215, but it also shows the 9 songs, that make it add up to 224, and I can play those. But when I use the soundcloud app, on my mobile device (ipod), it only shows the 215 songs, and the extra 9 that that the song count has excluded, is not there, and I can't play those at all. I've tried refreshing, logging in and out, updating the app, even updating my ipod...I've tried everything but it will not load those last 9 songs, or any other new songs that I add to my playlist. I don't what to do, it has been like this for months, and I really just want to enjoy my songs from the app. I hope this makes sense, I will clarify anything if asked. Please help me.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Songs in playlist did disappear.

Hey there!

I was recently creating a playlist within soundcloud. Everything went fine until the moment, when some of my tracks randomly disappeared.

I had about 233 songs in my playlist. However, I wanted to add another song but somehow the song count randomly jumped to 169. I can't explain how this could happen.

Only a spectific section of the playlist seems to be disappeared. If I go in edit mode non of the songs which disappeared are listed.
BUT! When I look for the disappered songs in soundcloud and want to add them again, the add button says that they are already in the playlist!!!!

Here is my playlist: https://soundcloud.com/noahnatch/sets/the-event

One more thing: Is there a way to see the songs I previously added to a playlist (some kind of a history)

Futher detail:
Using Firefox on a Macintosh

Thank you,

Noah
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Songs Missing From My Playlist.

On Friday I noticed that I'm missing about 15 songs on this playlist
https://soundcloud.com/eric-karkos/sets/edm
It says that there's 216 tracks total but it only displays about 200. It's been like this the whole weekend and I have no idea how to fix it. It's happening on my phone (Samsung GS4, Android 4.4.2, SoundCloud 15.04.15)
You know what would be really awesome? If SoundCloud just worked properly for once. This is not an issue with any other music platform.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled About half of the song from one of my playlist are gone. Please help.

About half of the song from one of my playlist are gone. When I enter the playlist at first it says 400 tracksk (29:27:11) but then quickly changes to 200 with the same hour count. When I scroll down half of my playlist is gone. I first noticed this on your phone app but this is also happening on my computer. I have seen similiar complaints from 5 months ago where you responded that you were looking into it. Please help.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled One of my playlists went from 265 tracks to 199 tracks.. How could this happen?.

When I open the soundcloud app on my HTC One (android OS) and go to my playlists it says that there are 265 tracks in my playlist 'chille tracks', but when I open the playlist it only shows 199 tracks. But when I log in on soundcloud on my PC (using Google Chrome) it shows all the tracks in the same playlist. How could this be?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled One of my playlists went from 265 tracks to 199 tracks.. How could this happen?.

When I open the soundcloud app on my HTC One (android OS) and go to my playlists it says that there are 265 tracks in my playlist 'chille tracks', but when I open the playlist it only shows 199 tracks. But when I log in on soundcloud on my PC (using Google Chrome) it shows all the tracks in the same playlist. How could this be?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Playlist bug.

Lost around a quarter of my songs from a playlist, luckily I liked the tracks but now they're are all mixed up. Some songs I want to delete from my playlist reappear but at the top of the playlist and anything I do on my phone does not seem to transfer when I use my PC.
Can you guys stop merging topics and actually do something to fix this issue?
I have the same issue but if you open your playlist in a new tab it should display all of your tracks again. That works for me atleast. Sadly i have no way of getting around the issue on my mobile app.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't load playlist on mobile phone.

when i go to soundcloud on my computer, then for example i take a playlist where there are 300 tracks but when i go to my mobile i can see only 200...
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why i have only 200 songs in my playlist?.

Well, as I said in my playlist 200 songs appear only me, but I have 324, what happens?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Help!!!! What is the maximum # of songs you can have on playlist?.

I want to know how many songs you can have in a playlist? I now have two hundred and can't add anymore so im not sure if this is the limit or not?
I have the same issue but if you open your playlist in a new tab it should display all of your tracks again. That works for me atleast. Sadly i have no way of getting around the issue on my mobile app.
Thank you, that definitely seems to have worked. I'm going to split my Playlist anyways though. I see that others have lost their songs due to the reported glitching. Appreciate the tip!
CJHH,

Thanks for writing in. Truth be told, playlists over 200 hundred tracks are know to become glitchy. Our engineers are aware of this but unfortunately we do not have the resources currently to look into this now. I recommend that if your playlist is getting up there then to consider breaking down the playlist into two smaller ones.

Best,
Gina

I have a playlist with 248 songs on it and wont display the songs past 200 on the website or the mobile app, and I don't remember the songs I put in them other than the most recent couple. Well I was wondering if there is anyway i can get them back weather I can put them back on my playlist somehow on anything (like on mobile like above, {but i have a Galaxy s3 I don't know if the phone matters but yeah}) or if i could get them emailed to me by an admin, (if they have the capabilities of going through my playlist without this glitch happening) I'm not sure if you're even an administrator or work for soundcloud but you sound official so i thought i'd try my complaint here before putting it on the Play Store. If you need any other information on this to help I'm more than happy to explain into as much detail as possible, Thank you, Christopher_ ____Cohen
Userlevel 5
Badge
at some point soundcloud changed or implemented some type of limit of 200 for playlists.

from what i have read in recent posts it seems like new playlists have a limit of 200, and when you hit that limit, the add tracks button is removed on the playlist/edit page and im guessing its not in the list if you click the 'add to playlist 'button on a track therefor you can no longer add tracks to that playlist.

i have not tested if all that is true yet, but (i think) i have read either that, or something similar. anyways...

any playlists that were created prior to that change, and were over 200 tracks, still have the ability to add tracks but you may notice some odd behavior when viewing your playlists and when viewing a single playlist.

when viewing a list of playlists, such as /you/sets, the 'true' track count shows. if you browse to a single playlist with more than 200 tracks, the track count at the top will change from the actual, to '200' or in some cases even '199' (i can see this update happen as the page loads). scrolling down only shows 200 tracks.

if the page is refreshed or reloaded (caching disabled) the main track count at the top stays at the true track count or dissapears completely, and scrolling down shows all tracks. if you click edit, a new tab is opened to the edit page and all tracks are shown but there is no track count anywhere on the edit page.

honestly theres no reason to list the tracks on the edit page in the first place. all of the only functions the track list is providing on the edit page is to re-order and delete. those functions are already possible from the main playlist page.

here is a video

using the latest firefox and latest osx opened soundcloud.com and click my username dropdown menu and select playlists. held down the 'end' key on the keyboard until the complete list has loaded. note the playlist counts are well over 200. clicked the title of the playlist (and not the play icon) the playcount at the top changes from 446 to 200 refreshed by pressing command+r on the keyboard track count at the top stays at 446 clicked edit add existing track move it to the top of the list by hold clicking the track and pressing 'home' on the keyboard (that works!) clicked save waited, and waited... finally the page loads and the correct count shows. deleted that track directly from the playlist page (not the edit page) because i dont want to wait the few minutes it takes saving from the edit page.
too bad you couldnt add tracks the same way.. from the main playlist page
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why i have only 200 songs in my playlist?.

Well, as I said in my playlist 200 songs appear only me, but I have 324, what happens?

Did you ever recover the other tracks? The same thing just happened to me.
CJHH,

Best,
Gina

So does one just lose the tracks? Is there any way of at least recovering a list of the tracks that were previously in the playlist? The same thing just happened to me today. A playlist of 425+ tracks reduced to 199 for no reason.
Userlevel 5
Badge
CJHH,

Best,
Gina

i think this is a bug, the tracks are prob still there.. take a look at my reply (scroll down)
CJHH,

Best,
Gina

Thanks for the reply man. Yeah I saw it and replicated the steps, but the playlist just increased to from 199 to 200 and then to 201. Tried from different browsers and mobile devices but still showing 200. Very frustrating.
Userlevel 5
Badge
CJHH,

Best,
Gina

whats the link to your playlist?
CJHH,

Best,
Gina

https://soundcloud.com/bravorob/sets/circuithell
Userlevel 5
Badge
CJHH,

Best,
Gina

hmm yea... i was testing with playlists that had tracks that i uploaded. looks like that playlist only has other peoples tracks in it. playlists have a limit of 200. any playlists over 200 are glitchy, as per ginas post. i also suggest creating smaller sized playlists.
CJHH,

Best,
Gina

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcum2yptCD1ryi4ij.gif