Question

Playlists do not show up when trying to add a song to a playlist

So whenever I try to add a song to one my playlists they do not show up. It shows that it's loading but then fails to load them and show me nothing. Here's what I mean:

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi dedbit,

Have you tried our basic troubleshooting steps outlined in the original post here yet? What happens if you try a different browser?

Cheers
Mathis
I have and nothing works. The issue just keeps reappearing.
I have the same issue but the playlists show up if i keep trying for about 30mins or longer(still annoying as hell), once the playlists loaded i can add tracks without a problem as long as i do it on the same browser tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Ok, so I was able to reproduce and have forwarded the issue to our developers to look into it. It seems this doesn't affect all of our users though.

Thanks for your patience, hoping this can soon be resolved.

Cheers
Mathis
thank you very much 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

So I've now heard from our developers. It appears so that your playlists do not show in the "add to playlist" dialogue because our servers time out before the playlists can fully load due to the size of some of your playlists. This is a confirmed bug on our end now, however we cannot say how long it will take to fix this for good, as it is not an easy fix but entails a number of dependencies on our end.

What you can do in the meantime to fix this is to split your longer playlists into smaller ones.

Really sorry about the inconvenience about this, but I hope this helps to at least shed some more light on why this is currently happening on your accounts.

Cheers
Mathis
Why does the dialogue load whole playlists? wouldnt it be more efficient to just load the names and the number of tracks saved in them, like on the smartphone app?
Hi again,

So I've now heard from our developers. It appears so that your playlists do not show in the "add to playlist" dialogue because our servers time out before the playlists can fully load due to the size of some of your playlists. This is a confirmed bug on our end now, however we cannot say how long it will take to fix this for good, as it is not an easy fix but entails a number of dependencies on our end.

What you can do in the meantime to fix this is to split your longer playlists into smaller ones.

Really sorry about the inconvenience about this, but I hope this helps to at least shed some more light on why this is currently happening on your accounts.

Cheers
Mathis

I see. It all makes sense now. I can agree with you on the fact that my playlists are a bit big now. I will take your advice and try to split everything out. As a suggestion, you could implement what YouTube does with their playlist management which is to have a limitation of 200 videos per playlist. I think this kind of method isn't the most user-friendly but it can be a temporary solution until you can find the way handle big playlists.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for your input on this.

Just to clarify - the dialogues that shows won't load the entire playlist, but the request of the info that's necessary to display the existent playlists fails to load when it is queried from very large playlists. Sorry if this was confusing.

Either way, I'm hoping that this can be resolved and improved in the future.
still a problem
still a problem
i fixed it by sizing down my playlists to max. ~250 tracks and havent had a problem since then.
still a problem
aren't they limiting the song number per playlist anyways?