Question

Private Tracks are not playing in Iphone Application Api

• 18 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Hello Sir,
I am using Soundcloud account for an iphone application. In this app i am fetching the tracks that i have uploaded to soundcloud. Earlier I was able to play private songs in my iphone application.

But last few days i am not able to play the private tracks in my iphone application.

For example:
Track name : K K Fosu - Suudwe
Track Url : https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/249522034/stream/

this track is playing when it is in public mode but when we change it to private it doesn't play.
But Few days before it was working when it was in private mode also.

Please give me the solution to resolve this issue.

2 replies

We have the same problem with our subscription community...if it's not fixed we'll need to look for another platform. 😞
Our organization is also experiencing this issue. We've received multiple complaints from our users. We're hosting tracks that should only be available to members subscribed to our programs, and one of the reasons we chose SoundCloud is for the mobile platform. They can listen on their mobile browsers, but for those with the SoundCloud app installed it launches automatically and they get an error that the track can't be found. There should be a way to pass the private sharing link to the app and we'd really like to see this in an update.