Question

Rearranging tracks in a playlist on Google Chrome is not working

• 28 September 2015
  • 8 replies

I usually put my tracks in a playlist that I created for my fans to find them easier, I then move the most recent one up. Yesterday I noticed that I couldn't do that anymore on Google Chrome, but could do so on Firefox. I used Google Chrome first on a Windows 8.1 computer (latest version of Chrome) and the same on a Mac.

Other browsers the feature is available.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mar:ONE,

Does this issue persist for you? If so, can you explain where exactly you were doing this - on the edit mode, or are you referring to the playlist page itself?

I've just tried to reproduce the issue and was able to rearrange the tracks in a playlist just fine in the playlist's edit mode, from within Chrome.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis
I'm seeing some kind of regression like this too. I've been using Soundcloud in Chrome (Version 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit) on Mac OSX Yosemite) nearly every weekday for the past 6 months, and recently I can no longer drag n' drop and delete tracks from my own playlist (while logged in) without clicking the pencil "edit" button and modifying the playlist via that popup dialog. Previously I could rearrange and remove the tracks from the playlist via the playlist screen itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm seeing some kind of regression like this too. I've been using Soundcloud in Chrome (Version 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit) on Mac OSX Yosemite) nearly every weekday for the past 6 months, and recently I can no longer drag n' drop and delete tracks from my own playlist (while logged in) without clicking the pencil "edit" button and modifying the playlist via that popup dialog. Previously I could rearrange and remove the tracks from the playlist via the playlist screen itself.

hi nklein1,

Thanks for following up on this. This has recently been changed on our end actually, so it is expected behavior. I will however make sure to forward your feedback to the relevant product team for you.

Cheers
Mathis

Thanks for the update! Was this planned to be a permanent behavior change? From my perspective as a frequent user, it seems like a user experience regression. It definitely makes modifying playlists on-the-fly (which I do often as I build them) much more difficult.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Nk,

Yes this was planned. It was mainly as a result of a backend change. You wouldn't notice the difference but before it was coded into an old part of the site that will be retired soon because it is buggy. Think about it as moving a piece of furniture into a new bedroom because you knew the roof was going to collapse. Others may ask why you moved it as they were not aware of the pending disaster. Does that make any sense? Hope so!

Best,
Gina
I am using Chrome v 43.0.2357.81 and am unable to rearrange tracks in my playlists. Gina's comments aren't especially helpful - is it to be permanently not possible to change the order of tracks in a playlist? That strikes me as very backwards-thinking. Is this temporary, oir are we indeed just stuck with the order in which tracks were added to a playlist?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I am using Chrome v 43.0.2357.81 and am unable to rearrange tracks in my playlists. Gina's comments aren't especially helpful - is it to be permanently not possible to change the order of tracks in a playlist? That strikes me as very backwards-thinking. Is this temporary, oir are we indeed just stuck with the order in which tracks were added to a playlist?
Hi there Michael,

I just came across this convo and saw your comment. Sorry about the confusion. This article explains how to edit the track order of your playlists, including an animated gif to make sure this is visualized.

What might have been confusing here is the fact that the re-ordering functionality was present directly on the playlist page before, however our developers needed to move this into the edit section of a playlist for stability's sake.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis