Answered

Related tracks weird

• 15 January 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi sometimes related tracks shows something in totally another genre

how does related tracks work, is it just because someone played that and that song for them to show up on each other related?

thanks
icon

Best answer by Chris Mai 15 January 2017, 18:01

Related tracks are selected by an algorithm that returns recommendations through a network of relations and interactions on SoundCloud (for example a user liked a track, a user followed another user, a track is reposted etc.). The recommendations for a track can be both directly or indirectly related to tracks in this network.
View original

3 replies

Related tracks are selected by an algorithm that returns recommendations through a network of relations and interactions on SoundCloud (for example a user liked a track, a user followed another user, a track is reposted etc.). The recommendations for a track can be both directly or indirectly related to tracks in this network.

So is that a yes to my question? thanks
These tracks are as related to me as I am to space aliens.