Question

Reorder playlist on profile

• 24 February 2016
  • 9 replies

I just would like to rearrange the playlists of my own songs, and I just can't do this. Its really unbelievable!! I have 2 playlists, each of them holds each of my 2 Eps, and the first one, which I've posted first, is more important than the second, but the first always stays at the bottom. It's so annoying. What are you waiting for giving your users this function? I really don't understand.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Felipe,

Thanks for reaching out. Your SoundCloud profile stream will display tracks & playlists in a chronological order with the newest and freshest content on the top. If you wish to highlight one of your particularly noteworthy tracks you'd like others to enjoy first, we usually recommend using the Spotlight feature which comes with all our Pro accounts. With the Spotlight feature you can pin up to five tracks or playlists to the top of your profile stream.

Best,
Mathis
I would like to be able to drag them into any order I like. Is this possible?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Derek,

As I said in my previous reply on this convo, your tracks will be displayed in chronological order. It is not possible to change this. If you want to highlight any tracks by having them at the top of your public profile, please consider the Spotlight feature that you get with our Pro or Pro Unlimited plan.

Cheers
Mathis
Thank you Mathis

I have the Pro package, and can see Spotlight option, selectable couterintuitively from the Profile option, instead from the Playlist page itself. From what I see here: http://youraccount.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2157984-spotlightin particular:  "http://youraccount.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2157984-spotlight"

It should be possible to reorder playlists. Aside from that, what is the reason for SoundCloud not permitting the reordering of tracks and playlists anyway?
for some reason SoundCloud added the text after I added the link and included it in the link text.

Here is the quote here: http://youraccount.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2157984-spotlight

"After your Spotlight selection, your most recent tracks and playlists are shown in reverse-chronological order."
Hi Felipe,

Thanks for reaching out. Your SoundCloud profile stream will display tracks & playlists in a chronological order with the newest and freshest content on the top. If you wish to highlight one of your particularly noteworthy tracks you'd like others to enjoy first, we usually recommend using the Spotlight feature which comes with all our Pro accounts. With the Spotlight feature you can pin up to five tracks or playlists to the top of your profile stream.

Best,
Mathis

I demand reorder of playlists. should not be a big thing. should be simple. I'm a pro user & pro user should be able to rearrange what so ever and the order of playlists too! how to start this process? https://soundcloud.com/dr-motte/sets
Hi Felipe,

Best,
Mathis

I have to agree especially if you are paying it makes a mess for us there's no control, we don't all want or need to use playlists.
@Mathis, the UX concept of restricting users to rearrange their own playlists is backwards and unintuitive. We all understand the business to get users to pay for Pro but if that option just doesn't exist then thats a major issue you need to convey with your UI/UX designers and Engineers.

You're response with Spotlighting songs to your homepage isn't answering the original issue of rearranging songs in the playlist order. This is for the individual user to enjoy songs they find, not spotlight for others.
This is seriously a basic option that should be present on any music organization system. I personally want to highlight a track that has rarely been listened to by putting it at the top of the list. As Mikeraculous! said, the Pro feature doesn't address this since it only allows customization of the first five tracks. Like, really?

I demand reorder of playlists.
Me too, absolutely. We shouldn't even need to ask this.