Question

Retrieve likes from terminated account

My soundcloud was connected to an old email which I never check. Due to some mashups with copyrighted music my account was warned, and terminated without my knowledge. I respect the termination, if I miss some emails that is my fault, but I have over 3 years of likes and playlists on that account, which is my primary use of soundcloud. SC needs to warn IN SITE so an issue like this doesn't happen to anyone else. Additionally, I don't understand why they don't just delete the tracks on their own if there is a problem with them.

Is there any way to retrieve these likes and playlists, at least for a temporary period. I have not been able to find an email to send to. Thanks.

CM

6 replies

Hi SC,

Why do you guys never answer/listen to the evidence adduced against a Copyright allegation? And why isn't it just enough to just delete a track instead of banning users who put a lot of work and money in Soundcloud! We thought SC was a place where everyone can share their creativity with the world and it would not be another kind of instrument of the major labels. Cheers, Julian Mae (Frozen/Banned) https://soundcloud.com/julianmae
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Copyright is a serious offence and we cannot allow individuals who repeatedly violate copyright law to continue to misuse the platform. We have to put a 3 strikes limit because otherwise there would be no incentive for users to not upload infringing content.

-Gina
Hi,

Is this some kind of automatic reply or something? Wow.

It's a serious offence if you use it in a bad way. If you just want to express your creativity without making one single dollar on it, the perspective is a little bit diffferent. But you're to busy studying the law and kissing labels their butts. So fair enough, from that point of view i get your point.
Is there any chance you could actually respond to any of my questions?

Is it possible to retrieve my likes and playlists? I have been a loyal user before any of this copyright madness was going on with you guys and I've turned tons of people onto your site, not likely that I'll continue to do that if this doesn't get resolved.

Why can't you warn IN-SITE or directly on the track?

Wy can't you just delete the track on your own rather than sending out an email that can easily get lost in the flood of spam that comes through nowadays?

I really don't think this is an acceptable response to people who spend hours a day on your site and trust that their music library will be safe and not magically disappear one day.
Hi,

Copyright is a serious offence and we cannot allow individuals who repeatedly violate copyright law to continue to misuse the platform. We have to put a 3 strikes limit because otherwise there would be no incentive for users to not upload infringing content.

-Gina

Could you please respond to my actual questions, below.
Hi,

-Gina

thanks for the response