Answered

Sharing co-written track on a private link

Hi,
Just wondering where I stand....im a registered co-writer on a few tracks for some different artists and I would like to share those tracks on a private playlist to share privately with people who are interested in hearing my work. As a co-writer am I ok just to go ahead and do that or do I need the permission of the other writers/artist first? I wanted to do a SoundCloud link rather than make a Spotify playlist as I wanted to include some tracks that weren't publicly available. Many thanks in advance for any help!
icon

Best answer by s l i g h t 30 July 2018, 16:02

If the tracks are already uploaded to SoundCloud by the artists or labels that have released them, the safest thing is to make the playlist from those uploads rather than adding your own. For tracks that aren't on SoundCloud it would be best to ask the artists.

If you want to upload tracks that are released you need to ask the label to get their digital distributor to whitelist your SoundCloud account, provided they are happy for you to upload them.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
If the tracks are already uploaded to SoundCloud by the artists or labels that have released them, the safest thing is to make the playlist from those uploads rather than adding your own. For tracks that aren't on SoundCloud it would be best to ask the artists.

If you want to upload tracks that are released you need to ask the label to get their digital distributor to whitelist your SoundCloud account, provided they are happy for you to upload them.
thanks very much for your reply