Shuffle

• 27 July 2017
  • 9 replies

Dear Soundcloud,

Please give us a shuffle that doesn't just pick the last 15 songs we've liked. We want a purely randomized shuffle feature like how it used to be. Please fix this!!

Thanks,
All of us

9 replies

Soundcloud fucked up so bad taking out the old shuffle, it's pretty much a useless feature now
On the Xbox version it crashes after it goes through like the ten latest liked songs.
It's especially stupid in playlists. Whenever I have shuffle turned on and start playing a playlist, the first song in the playlist always plays first, and the following songs are always near the top of my playlist, which results with those at the bottom literally never getting played.
Seriously. On mobile it seems to me that it functions fine, giving a true shuffle of all the songs in whatever playlist. However, on desktop, the shuffle doesn't function the same way. It's pretty annoying.
This. I have 400 songs in my likes, with at least 60 being the Undertale Soundtrack, which I liked first meaning it's near the bottom of the playlist. I NEVER hear any of them, unless I specifically click on the song or shuffle while I'm near the song. Why can't there be a simple button that actually shuffles all the songs? I mean, you could just assign each song a number and randomize the number, hell I could do that in Python (and I suck at programming).
Userlevel 1
This. I have 400 songs in my likes, with at least 60 being the Undertale Soundtrack, which I liked first meaning it's near the bottom of the playlist. I NEVER hear any of them, unless I specifically click on the song or shuffle while I'm near the song. Why can't there be a simple button that actually shuffles all the songs? I mean, you could just assign each song a number and randomize the number, hell I could do that in Python (and I suck at programming).

I have the same issue. Please address!

Try 900+ liked songs... I'm no big expert in this stuff but it doesn't seem like an issue that is too hard to fix, as pretty much every other music playback alternative has a simple shuffle feature, so why not SoundCloud?
Userlevel 3
bump for visibility. Wish they would release a fix for this
Soundcloud please release a fix for shuffle. Like maybe a toggle option for "recent songs" and "all songs", if you are so bent on how you do things now. I make big 200 song playlists, but I only ever hear the first 40 or so, its nuts.