Question

songs don't load on serato from soundcloud playlists.

• 28 February 2019
  • 21 replies

i have my playlist for serato and when i try to load tracks it randomly won't load some tracks, it shows a bar at the bottom that says "downloading" it can take 10 seconds, or 10 minutes. sometimes all the tracks won't load. it was working fine and now its happening all the time, what the fuck happened? it pretty much makes this a useless feature if i can't depend on it working. these aren't new tracks either, they have been played from the same playlist over and over. i can load a song and play it, then maybe 5 minutes later it will not be available again. its arbitrary to what will work and not work. please fix this.

21 replies

Has anyone replied to you? I am having the exact same problem. Certain songs I add to a playlist do not come up on my serato, it is super frustrating and I am going to cancel my subscription if this problem isn't resolved. It's a little disheartening that no one has responded to your thread, hoping maybe you received support?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to see no one has had the chance to get back to you here. Is either of you still experiencing these issues? If so, please be sure you're up to the latest version of your Serato software and restart Serato. Sometimes the indexing can take a while to catch up, and there might have been an issue on SoundCloud's end (as in, a temporary outage) when you were experiencing this.

Let us know how it went since then.
Same deal wont load
Same here. Tried everything from updating, restarting, etc. and still some songs will not show up. Really a deal breaker when you are forking over cash every month for a faulty service.
Same songs I put into a playlist won’t show up in serato and I have SoundCloud pro
Same thing for me! waiting for a fix for this!!!
Exactly the same problem, some songs will download, and then not download the next time you try them, most don't work at all. I have cancelled the soundcloud subscription because of this and will try Tidal and see how that goes.
I feel like the songs which do not load are the ones uploaded by the artist themselves. I have tried liking songs uploaded by artists and also liking the same song uploaded by another user and only the song uploaded by a non artist user will show up on serato. maybe some kind of copy right issue??
Bump because I'm also having the same issue, everything is up to date, but no matter what, there are certain songs that just decide not to show up. And its the same songs every time. I can make a new playlist, and the exact same songs will be missing. If i try to search them from the Soundcloud search bar in Serato they can't be found either, but are clearly a part or soundcloud. Very frustrating that if I create a 60 song playlist on Soundcloud and load up Serato, 8-10 of them will be missing.
Same problem. Maybe it has something to do with the sharing restrictions when a person is uploading a track to SC
I am a new go+ customer today on the basis of being able to stream with serato Dj pro. Logged in fine but the songs in my playlists not one of them available for streaming. Doesn't seem to be a solution. Have emailed soundcloud. Let's see if they get back to me
I’m having the same issue. Song won’t stream even when i try to delete them and try again. Really annoying.
literally in the serato FAQ, you guys are lazy lmao

I've just added some new tracks to my SoundCloud playlist on SoundCloud's website, but they do not yet show in the same playlist in Serato DJ Pro?

Navigate to Setup --> Library + Display --> Music Streaming and toggle the Show Streaming Services option off, and on again to force a refresh of your SoundCloud playlists in Serato DJ Pro.

After adding new tracks to a playlist and refreshing it, I still can't see these tracks in Serato DJ Pro

It's possible the content creator didn't allow these tracks to be made streamable via SoundCloud GO+ or playable outside of SoundCloud and its apps. Contact the content creator or SoundCloud directly to inquire further
literally in the serato FAQ, you guys are lazy lmao

I've just added some new tracks to my SoundCloud playlist on SoundCloud's website, but they do not yet show in the same playlist in Serato DJ Pro?

Navigate to Setup --> Library + Display --> Music Streaming and toggle the Show Streaming Services option off, and on again to force a refresh of your SoundCloud playlists in Serato DJ Pro.

After adding new tracks to a playlist and refreshing it, I still can't see these tracks in Serato DJ Pro

It's possible the content creator didn't allow these tracks to be made streamable via SoundCloud GO+ or playable outside of SoundCloud and its apps. Contact the content creator or SoundCloud directly to inquire further

Im having the same issue but it isn’t because of the content creator making it not shareable because i have some songs in multiple playlist and they’ll show up in some but won’t show up in others and some playlist don’t even load I’ve tried literally everything from uninstalling to reinstalling and i’m on the latest serato update
Same there here. A playlist that was working before perfectly now won't show up on serato pro. All of my other playlists from soundcloud are loaded though for some reason. Any one have any solutions? I have already tried turning off and on the "show streaming services" button and it still doesn't work. I have also restarted, reinstalled and updated to the latest Serato.
Same there here. A playlist that was working before perfectly now won't show up on serato pro. All of my other playlists from soundcloud are loaded though for some reason. Any one have any solutions? I have already tried turning off and on the "show streaming services" button and it still doesn't work. I have also restarted, reinstalled and updated to the latest Serato.
Im having the exact same issue i guess we will have to wait for an update 😞

Same there here. A playlist that was working before perfectly now won't show up on Serato pro. All of my other playlists from soundcloud are loaded though for some reason. Any one have any solutions? I have already tried turning off and on the "show streaming services" button and it still doesn't work. I have also restarted, reinstalled and updated to the latest Serato.Im having the exact same issue i guess we will have to wait for an update :(

Exact same as these guys i had one specific big playlist with all my tunes to mix with inside and now it will not load. have updated serato and restarted. any help
same...like i love this feature but, i should be able to repost a playlist and have it load instantly into serato also are we ever going to be able to use this feature and record?
I used to be able to load most of my songs from my three DJ playlists, but now I can't. Absolutely nothing shows up from my three playlists. The only songs that show up are from other playlists that don't have that many songs in them. I don't know if this is due to the fact that I have hundreds of songs in my DJ playlists, but this issue needs to be fixed. While I'm at it, let me just say that I hate the fact that not every song in the playlist can be loaded due to the creator not giving permission. What's frustrating is that they probably don't even do it on purpose. It's either this or there is a glitch in the system that prevents certain tracks from showing up in Serato, which is whack. I have 500 tracks in my DJ playlists, which is the limit, and only 450, 460, or 470 of them are available to play. It's so annoying. If we're paying for a service that allows us to use songs off of SoundCloud to DJ with, then we should have the right to every single one of these tracks that are on SoundCloud. Fix the playlist problem, and fix the song/songs in Serato availability. Please and thank you.
Literally coming across the same issues ^^ No idea why my SoundcloudGo account isn't cooperating with Serato all of a sudden. I've tried creating new playlists and restarting the app but nothing seems to work. The weird thing is.. I was just able to add a song to my playlist, but Serato wouldn't read the rest of my other (11) songs... Random
Serato support got back to me with the issue last week. So apparently the problem is that if a playlist is 300+ tracks, none of the songs in the playlist will show up, and this is a SoundCloud problem. Not a Serato problem. This is just silly. It has worked before, so I'm sure that you guys can get it working again. SoundCloud, get it together, and fix this. ASAP.