Answered

SOS! The upload playlist section missing

• 26 December 2018
  • 10 replies

Not so long time ago In ios app and on website there was "the upload" playlist section which was containing the latest uploaded mixes based on my listening preferences. Recently it has disappeared and I am wondering where is it now? I can see only the "SoundCloud Weekly" section.
icon

Best answer by suprememoocow 27 December 2018, 19:02

It's back for me. The Upload has returned!
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Same for me!
It was the only way I was using SoundCloud, I listened to it every day! 😞 😞
I too have just discovered that "The Upload" is gone. I'm really sad about this. I discovered so much incredibly good music through this playlist. Is there any chance it will return?
Same, hope they bring it back as it was the main way I discovered music on Soundcloud. The Soundcloud Weekly playlist I found had too many repeats for me.
it seems that only the three of us used this function 😆
For me, The Upload had really good, long DJ sets. I'd turn it on a leave it play all day while working. I guess from SoundCloud's point of view, long DJ sets are terrible for revenue, since inserting ads is difficult when it could be 2 hours or more between songs...
it seems that only the three of us used this function 😆

When something stops working in any software 99% of the users won't report that, they'll just quit using it.
For me, The Upload had really good, long DJ sets. I'd turn it on a leave it play all day while working.

Exactly that was my reason to use it and I also played them all day!
I guess from SoundCloud's point of view, long DJ sets are terrible for revenue, since inserting ads is difficult when it could be 2 hours or more between songs...

From that perspective it wouldn’t make sense to allow DJ sets on Soundcloud in the first place. People will listen to them whether or not they’re in the playlist. I’m pretty sure their advertising goes by time as opposed to number of tracks played (as in after however many minutes, you’re due for an ad instead of after a certain number of tracks.)

Me too, but weirdly enough they sent me a support email saying it was replaced by Soundcloud Weekly? Maybe whatever customer support guy was responding to my question didn’t get the memo; maybe it’s temporary. Who knows?

Me too, but weirdly enough they sent me a support email saying it was replaced by Soundcloud Weekly? Maybe whatever customer support guy was responding to my question didn’t get the memo; maybe it’s temporary. Who knows?

I really hope it stays for good. It's an incredibly good playlist. SoundCloud should do more to promote it. Many of my friends who are regular SoundCloud users are totally unaware of it until I explain to them to how listen to it.