Question

The tracks on my own playlist disappeared!

• 2 February 2017
  • 7 replies

I had around 47 songs on my playlist but now theres only three! It just disappeared. I worked for a few months for the rights songs to listen to and now they are all gone! Can someone please tell me if this happened to them aswell and what the solution is?

7 replies

Mathis I've been looking into this for 30 mins and you have said the something for over two years! It's been two years shoot probably even more than that with people experiencing their songs getting deleted. Is soundcloud EVER going to fix this!? I'm guessing no if it's been more than two years?

Well with that being said any app similar to soundcloud? You guys made me lose my FAVORITE song ever. I also almost lost my second fav song ever but i found it and reliked it all over again smh. Shady bussines you guys are doing over there.
see now this sucks to say but I just lost 300 songs off my playlist and now buying iTunes because of it.
Basically my whole account just went poof. Can't find my songs now. Had around 500😣😤😥
I’ve just logged in for the first time in a few months to find all my saved albums and playlists gone too.

What’s the deal? I’m missing a whole part of my life I had left here and can only hope to get some of it back if I can remember some names of specific tracks and artists over time which for the most part is unlikely.

I had counted on it all being kept as long as the site existed and figured I’d only need to dive in and make record of everything if there was news of a problem.

I have received no notification from sound cloud at any time regarding there being any problem.

Please can you just fess up the truth, tell us if there has been an irretrievable loss of data or not.

Same happened to me - lost all all my playlists and who I am following.
I had around 47 songs on my playlist but now theres only three! It just disappeared. I worked for a few months for the rights songs to listen to and now they are all gone! Can someone please tell me if this happened to them aswell and what the solution is?
This has also happened to me and I figured out that if you make your playlist public then add a song the songs you had saved when the playlist was closed just disappear. I still haven’t found a way to get them back.
I’ve just logged in for the first time in a few months to find all my saved albums and playlists gone too.

What’s the deal? I’m missing a whole part of my life I had left here and can only hope to get some of it back if I can remember some names of specific tracks and artists over time which for the most part is unlikely.

I had counted on it all being kept as long as the site existed and figured I’d only need to dive in and make record of everything if there was news of a problem.

I have received no notification from sound cloud at any time regarding there being any problem.

Please can you just fess up the truth, tell us if there has been an irretrievable loss of data or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mulky1108,

Sorry to hear you lost these tracks, and to see no one has had the chance to get back to you. We were experiencing some issues where playlists sometimes wouldn't properly sync to your SoundCloud account on our servers, which cause data loss for some users. From what it sounds, you might have been affected by that.

Other reasons for tracks to disappear from a playlist would be if the track got deleted, or set to private by the original uploader - this could also have happened. 😕

Hope you're no longer experiencing this these days though?
see now this sucks to say but I just lost 300 songs off my playlist and now buying iTunes because of it.