Question

Too Many Damn Ads

• 11 March 2017
  • 94 replies

Show first post

94 replies

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback, which I will pass on to the relevant team. Please see here for more info about ads: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003447287-Ads-on-SoundCloud-

Also, SoundCloud Go/Go+ does provide an ad free listening experience, so this might be something you'd be interested in: https://soundcloud.com/go

Cheers
Mathis

Not everyone can afford to pay for Soundcloud Go/Go+ idiot!
The ads are removed for me. aha. Maybe they are removed since I went? Eitherway, if not the solution is 5 minutes of ads per hour. It maintains your user base, and gives people time to absorb ads while they get up to take a piss or grab a drink etc. That is 5 minute slot at 55 minutes to 60 minutes. But since I don't have ads it's the only reason I'm back. If they were still around I could see myself stop using soundcloud again as I've done the past year or two; after being an early user of the site I was driven away. It's clear your content creators are also being driven away. Not such a smart move.
The ads are removed for me. aha. Maybe they are removed since I went? Eitherway, if not the solution is 5 minutes of ads per hour. It maintains your user base, and gives people time to absorb ads while they get up to take a piss or grab a drink etc. That is 5 minute slot at 55 minutes to 60 minutes. But since I don't have ads it's the only reason I'm back. If they were still around I could see myself stop using soundcloud again as I've done the past year or two; after being an early user of the site I was driven away. It's clear your content creators are also being driven away. Not such a smart move.
ABP and POPupBlocker for chrome. Since it is working for me... I recommend if soundcloud circumnavigate this, just post to the app forums to get them blocked again. I came for music not fn spam. Leave spam to the dodgy download sites. If you want to make money soundcloud try not abusing your customers and sell them merchendize, site hosting/streaming live etc. *fffing smart right!? Give me a favoirets tab for $2, give me an easy way to unsub all dubstep for $0.50. Give me a reason to spend money and berating me isn't one. Good luck noobs.
Don't worry, they aren't getting enough signups for Premium so let's just spam the hell out of them with ads you have to manually skip to interrupt your listening experience until you buy. Great strategy!
This doesn't allow people to do their own thing so they turn it off. They do not say oh yes lets sub. Need to get smarter Soundcloud. Brainstorm for 5 minutes, you can do it!
An ad every time I switch tracks = SC has become unusable. Just opened myself a Spotify due to this and will be relocating there if this doesn't change. Ciao.
So sad. I went to youtube. haha. Soundcloud was great. We will look back on it like those umm network/social sites I forget the name off of the past.
I totally agree. Soundcloud, I'm out of here!
Been an active Soundcloud user for more than 7+ years. Even when Spotify started hyping I stayed loyal. Even purchased GO for a while to listen offline. But now I am done. Everywhere you see these fucking adds and when you want to escape all that bullshit with some music you have to listen to more fucking 30 second adds every few tracks. Is that your loyalty plan? Make people invest years in collecting music and after a few years make them pay a subscription to listen to them properly?
It's insane how EVERYTHING in the US is about ads. 24/7, your life is one big Adware! They have designed it so everywhere your eyes go, someone is soliciting you! Worse than panhandlers! And on top of it want you to PAY them to STOP trying to sell you something, which you never even asked for! So I always put all my songs onto my phone directly, saved on my SD card. I don't ever use online apps for my music. I don't need popup ads suddenly jarring me or ruining my listening pleasure. Plus, its available on or offline. Set yourself free from all these ad-dependent money-draining apps.
A ad plays. Song says it is not available in America. Ad plays. Song plays. Ad plays. REPEAT.
I guess this is a tactic to get users paying for a subscription but honestly I'm feeling more like not using your services at all.
I'm listening to a song, and I pause it, then when I play it, an ad plays instead, and it's always the same ad over and over! Is this some joke or ploy? If it is, then I suggest you stop!
Hi peeps,

I'm paying for a PRO account and I don't want to listen to ADS or pay more for a SoundcloudGO to avoid listen to it.This is unfair, this is a massive issue. Please offer a true support to this. I cannot pay two times.

Oof, you know it's bad when even your paying customers are upset
This is a good idea, listen to your user's soundcloud!
I've been using soundcloud for years, and I'm gonna have to stop. The amount of ads you play is unbearable, every other song is an ad. Why'd you have to ruin a good thing? I can understand having ads, but good lord... every other song is ridiculous.
Ads are now playing after every un-pause which is incredibly annoying - will seriously start looking elsewhere for music content.
I was shocked right now because I've never listened any ads on SoundCloud for years. I am using SoundCloud in South Korea and there is no ad between songs when I use it here. SoundCloud Go+ was not launched yet here too.
I think that forcing the listeners to pay with the annoying ads will never be a good way. It will ruin the experience of discovering new indie musics, which was the greatest merit SoundCloud provided.
I've been using Soundcloud for something like 5 years now and all these ads sound like a very loud way to ask me to stop using their site.

I think that forcing the listeners to pay with the annoying ads will never be a good way. It will ruin the experience of discovering new indie musics, which was the greatest merit SoundCloud provided.

Yes, I don't get why they're so desperately asking for money now. Stingy CEO? Aspiring to become Spotify 2.0? Honestly, I'll just switch to YouTube premium if this keeps going on.
I've been using soundcloud for years, and I'm gonna have to stop. The amount of ads you play is unbearable, every other song is an ad. Why'd you have to ruin a good thing? I can understand having ads, but good lord... every other song is ridiculous.

Wait... You posted this 2 years ago?
I'm from Belgium btw. This just started happening shortly for me.
You mean that this is only gonna get worse??????
It's time to bocyott Soundclaoud for putting numerous damn ads.

Don't worry, they aren't getting enough signups for Premium so let's just spam the hell out of them with ads you have to manually skip to interrupt your listening experience until you buy. Great strategy!This doesn't allow people to do their own thing so they turn it off. They do not say oh yes lets sub. Need to get smarter Soundcloud. Brainstorm for 5 minutes, you can do it!

Yes there are solutions to this that would be good for both users AND soundcloud AND the artists.

First, an assumption, Soundcloud wants you to listen. Duh. Obviously.

Next point, to get you to listen or keep you from NOT listening, they need to reward listeners for listening.

The more you listen the less ads you should hear. Soundclound needs to Improve this by customizing the ad rotaton so you do not have to hear the same ad twice if you are a heavy listener.

Other rewards: If you have built a playlist that has a certain amount of likes, or better, a certain level of listeners, you should be able to listen ad free. You have essentially built a successfu algorhythm because your playlist has listeners. Soundcloud should be smart about this and reward you for this. You are spawning listeners (CUSTOMERS) forSoundcloud. If they are not stupid they will REWARD for this. It's basic motivational marketing.

Im with y'all. I'm going to abandon Soundcloud if they dont stop jamming me with ads. It's stupid and unneccesary and greedy. And at this rate Soundcloud is going to be myspace and spotify is going to be facebook. It doesnt have to be that way.