Answered

uploading a new version of an existing song

I have listed my songs in a specific order. I want to replace a one song with a revised version but I don't want to alter the song order. Do I need to upload all 12 songs just to preserve the existing song order?

Is there any way to upload a revised version of an existing song to a song list WITHOUT changing the song order or the URL of the existing song?

Does having a pro account allow such changes?
icon

Best answer by s l i g h t 4 May 2017, 12:27

With a pro account you can upload new versions of a track and they keep the same URL and stats etc.
If you are not a pro user you can delete the old version but your new version would then be at the top of your tracks list. However, you can arrange the tracks in any order in a Playlist, and that is what would then be at the top of your profile.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can give a newly uploaded track the same URL as an earlier one that has been deleted.
View original

2 replies

Thank you. That's helpful. Soundcloud pro seems to be the answer.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
With a pro account you can upload new versions of a track and they keep the same URL and stats etc.
If you are not a pro user you can delete the old version but your new version would then be at the top of your tracks list. However, you can arrange the tracks in any order in a Playlist, and that is what would then be at the top of your profile.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can give a newly uploaded track the same URL as an earlier one that has been deleted.