Question

Uploading and transcoding are both completed, but I can't save.

How can I resolve my issue? I am unable to save my recording although it does show that uploading and transcoding were completed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
HI there Jacob,

Thanks for posting & sorry about the troubles here. Hmm, I can see that you've managed to upload a track yesterday - that's great! Were you able to troubleshoot this issue for yourself? What did cause the issue in the first place? Feel free to share, or let us know if this needs further investigation - happy to help :-)

Cheers
Mathis
This is still a problem. I'm having the same exact issue. Please help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again Jacob,

Hmm, so let's see then. Have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps outlined here? What exactly is the symptom - do you not see the save button? The more details we have, the better we can troubleshoot.

Cheers
Mathis
I'm having the same issue. I have 20 songs loaded in; is that my limit on the free version? I can see the save button, but nothing happens when I try to save.
how can I delete songs from my playlist?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there fletchwiley,

Is this a continuous issue? We don't have a limit as to how many tracks you can upload at a time actually. If the basic troubleshooting steps did not help, I'd recommend to upload one track only in order to isolate the issue further. You can still create a playlist and add your new tracks to it.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis
I can't really see an answer to this issue, i have the same problem, everything uploads fine then the save button does not work. click it, nothing.
same problem here... I have uploaded file, and it was processed successfully. I see the message 'Ready. Click Save to post this track'... Am clicking the save button - the cursor changes to a hand symbol, but nothing happens... I still have enough minutes... Have followed other steps in troubleshooting section... Any ideas?!
I have the similar problem. I upload the file and then nothing. I click save and nothing.I have a Pro account with 300 minutes left and I uploaded the .wav file a further 3 times and still nothing. The track is 1.3gb and 77 minutes long. Anybody have any ideas?
I resolved this problem by changing the filename of my recording.. I think it is under heading 'title' or something similar. I had included the & symbol. When I changed that to the word 'and' the recording saved no problem. Maybe your title contains symbols like ' -! ? etc.
This is still an issue for me. 5mb long. No weird characters in the name or anything else. Getting pretty fed up of SoundCloud.
mine is doing this - when I go to the upload screen it shows two of the same playlist I uploaded and says "ready. click save to post this playlist" but there is no save button.
It's now April 22, 2016, and I'm having this exact problem.

Im having the same problem since 2 days ago.. I uploaded a song and now then I click the save button I cant see the link to my uploaded song.
From what I can tell, the problem is the * next to the title line. I'm having the same problem because it seems to not recognize the title. I've changed the title, removed spaces, cut words, punctuation, etc, but still have the *-required field note by the title.

I've used SC for years for my personal work and am starting this account for a recording organization. I never had problems before.
I've been having this issue for two weeks now. I've tried different browsers and different computers... does anyone have a solution yet??
I've been having this issue for two weeks now. I've tried different browsers and different computers... does anyone have a solution yet??
Soundcloud clearly don't give a toss about this. I've had to go back to using the Classic Uploader: http://soundcloud.com/upload-classic
I've experienced this issue over the past 2 days and have just solved it by deleting all descriptions, hashtags etc and just using a single letter as the description. Once it worked I edited all the info I needed in. Antiquated but shit happens.. Hope this helps!
I have found that this problem is traceable to having an unconfirmed email address. Not sure if this is applicable to all reports, though. Please give a shit about your users, Soundcloud. Otherwise, we will go somewhere else, and when you lose users, you will lose your content, and you will lose your market cap. Please remember that WE are why you are worth billions.
Still stuck on this screen trying to figure out where "save" is so i can click it and share the dam playlist. Any developements?
AS SOON AS I PURCHASE THE PRO UNLIMITED PLAN THIS SHIT HAPPENS!!

WHY IS THIS YEAR OLD PROBLEM STILL AN ISSUE!!!?????

ITS NOVEMBER 2016 AND I CANT UPLOAD THIS 10 TRACK EP!!!!

DUE TO THIS SAME PROBLEM MAN, FIX THIS SHIT WTF!!
AS SOON AS I PURCHASE THE PRO UNLIMITED PLAN THIS SHIT HAPPENS!!

WHY IS THIS YEAR OLD PROBLEM STILL AN ISSUE!!!?????

ITS NOVEMBER 2016 AND I CANT UPLOAD THIS 10 TRACK EP!!!!

DUE TO THIS SAME PROBLEM MAN, FIX THIS SHIT WTF!!

wow. This is the first time I've ever had any issues, and I too just recently upgraded my account.
STill occuring today...

When I uplaod multiple tracks, everything goes fine... but after upload and transcoding, no save button anymore.

I have this message : Ready. Click Save to post this playlist.

Please support, get this fixed ...
I've experienced this issue over the past 2 days and have just solved it by deleting all descriptions, hashtags etc and just using a single letter as the description. Once it worked I edited all the info I needed in. Antiquated but shit happens.. Hope this helps!

I just used this response to solve the problem.

I removed the description and the hashtags. I left the title at full length etc.
Then I clicked save, and it worked. I'm wondering if it is a character limit issue in the description or Tag boxes.

[Ed. I just went in to the uploaded files and added back in the description and the tags, and got a '30 maximum limit" note for the tags, so this may have been the issue.]
this is still a problem !!!!! wtf soundcloud ??!!
but its only a problem in firefox. when i use chrome it works fine.