Question

Uploading and transcoding are both completed, but I can't save.

Show first post

42 replies

I'm facing this problem right now. I uploaded a couple of tracks last night but today I haven't been able to SAVE anything.

I am trying to put up a WAV file about 91MB
Same problem here. I´ve tried different browsers - Chrome, Firefox, IE.

I´ve also tried two different files, mp3.
same problem, individual track won't save, it uploads and transcodes but stuck "saving". Using the latest public chrome 64bit no extensions on except tubebuddy for youtube and ublock is off , ran ccleaner deleted temp files no fix, i'll wait again, but tried multiple times with different files.
Using chrome. See the save button. Click save. Nothing. This is March 2018. How have you not resolved the issue on your end SoundCloud? I am on a desktop, using the real web page. I know how to use computers. Please don't give me a generic auto response. Just fix the problem. Thank you.
Had to remove ALL tags to upload. If tags are not allowed, please do not put a box for tags there. Thank you.
I've experienced this issue over the past 2 days and have just solved it by deleting all descriptions, hashtags etc and just using a single letter as the description. Once it worked I edited all the info I needed in. Antiquated but shit happens.. Hope this helps!

I just used this response to solve the problem.

I removed the description and the hashtags. I left the title at full length etc.
Then I clicked save, and it worked. I'm wondering if it is a character limit issue in the description or Tag boxes.

[Ed. I just went in to the uploaded files and added back in the description and the tags, and got a '30 maximum limit" note for the tags, so this may have been the issue.]

THIS IS IT! I HAD 31 TAGS, DELETED ONE, AND IT WORKED NO PROBLEM! THANK YOU SO MUCH
I'm also experiencing this. I did all that was on the FAQs and troubleshooting prescribed by Soundcloud. I also tried all that was recommended on this thread. Still it's not uploading. It gets stuck on "saving." Please help. 😞
Using chrome. See the save button. Click save. Nothing. This is March 2018. How have you not resolved the issue on your end SoundCloud? I am on a desktop, using the real web page. I know how to use computers. Please don't give me a generic auto response. Just fix the problem. Thank you.
Exactly, how does soundcloud have the same issue for 3 years - and no one has addressed it yet? The save button does not work - uploading files takes forever then when its finally done we can't post because the save button does not work or is not clickable. smh. wow.
I have been trying to upload a track for the past 3 hours. I am using a Mac, I am using Chrome, I have a Pro account, and plenty of space available to upload a track. Soundcloud this is taking entirely too long! It already takes 30-45 minutes to upload a track, then once the track is "finished" uploading, the message "Click Save to upload this track" appears however the save button does not work. Its literally been unclickable for the past hour and 15 minutes stuck on "saving" . I've tried uploading the file again, and again, and again however nothing works!!!!!!! PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM NOT ASAP - BUT NOW. How has the same problem persisted for over 3 years - with no resolution SoundCloud, how??!!
hello,
I know as the top mark shows solved i have a question relevant (i am guessing) to the concern.

I uploaded and the final processing was done however i was unable to save it and navigated to another track on soundcloud.

Will the track be saved on cloud anywhere ? or do i need to upload it again?
Bump to this thread.

I'm seeing this 'Save' button bug in Chrome, and Safari. Happens whenever I use the bulk uploader for multiple tracks. But when I individually select tracks, the save button works okay. The issue is that the Save button does not move into hover/active state when clicked, it remains orange, despite all tracks being uploaded and processed. Is it mis-registering a "required field" being incomplete?

Super frustrating given the time it takes to upload hi-res WAVs.

@SoundCloud Community Support can you please provide an update on why this bug has not been solved for over 2 years?

Seems like people's solutions listed in this forum are inconsistent.
I am also seeing this problem. I click save and the words "Ready. Click Save to post this track." remain on the screen even though the Save button has disappeared since I already clicked it....
For me, the issue was too many tags - deleted most of them and the album saved fine. Thanks for the solution SVBER and JammieMedia!
How is this STILL a problem?? I tried to upload my EP on 3 separate browsers and even got rid of the description and the tags and still it won't upload. Why am I paying for premier functions if soundcloud won't even let me upload my music??
Im having this same issue. Right now. Joke.
2019 and this problem has still not been resolved. Thanks soundcloud I will not be using your service anymore. It’s been like this for over a week for me and still nothing.
get your shit together soundcloud.