Question

Weird playlist bug/glitch

Hey!
So recently I've noticed that sometimes when I add a song to my playlist it gets removed when I refresh my playlist or add a new song to it.
This becomes utterly frustrating as I don't know the reason why the latest songs I add get removed.
Perhaps there is a limit? I mean, my playlist has around 260 songs
Thank you for your upcoming help!

11 replies

Having the same problem, i can tell you it's not a limit problem, mine only has about 80 songs, and it is also buggy in the same way with removing songs.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one, I've sent SoundCloud an email but I only got an automatic response email back.
So what should we do?
Thanks for answering!
I don't know, but I am able to get some songs through, haven't found out how though.
Lucky, I'm not able to add any songs, but I have noticed some more people have this problem.
Hopefully they will fix this soon
The bug seems to be gone for me now, try adding them again, if you haven't already.
Userlevel 1
I'm still having the same problem with 4 songs, and the playlist is just 45 songs long. Didn't have this problem last week. Would be nice to get a reply from someone at SoundCloud.
Userlevel 1
Is it possible to get an update on this issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, it should be possible to add these tracks to your playlist @The Revue - not sure what's keeping the system from working properly. Are you on mobile or desktop? If you're on a desktop / laptop browser, can you try a different browser maybe?

Let the community know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis
I've been experiencing a similiar bug for months now. Sometimes a song in my playlist gets replaced ny another song that is already in the playlist (so where song x should be there is song y, and song y is also in another spot in the playlist). Then after a while the the copy gets removed but I don't get the original song back. What makes this especially frustrating is that usually I can't even remember the name of the songs that get removed because I add a lot of songs to my playlist that I've only quickly listened to and intend to listen properly later.
Userlevel 1
Hi there,

Hmm, it should be possible to add these tracks to your playlist @The Revue - not sure what's keeping the system from working properly. Are you on mobile or desktop? If you're on a desktop / laptop browser, can you try a different browser maybe?

Let the community know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis

Happens on both. On the app, it says something like, "Unable to add the song to the playlist".

On the computer, the song gets added to the playlist. When the playlist is reloaded, the song disappears. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. Some songs for some reason cannot be added to playlists. This must be a coding error. Only since last week have I started experiencing this. There probably is an issue between the compatibility of the app and the main server(s).
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Our engineers have now been able to locate the root cause of this issue and have put a fix for this into place. It should now be possible to add tracks to your playlists again, and tracks that were in your playlists before should no longer disappear. Unfortunately, it was not possible to restore any tracks that have disappeared from a playlist due to this incident.

Our sincere apologies about the inconvenience and thank you for hanging in there.

All the best
Mathis