Question

Why are my playlists not loading?

• 28 September 2015
  • 6 replies

Why are my playlists not loading? It takes forever to load my playlists and half of the time it says, "sorry, something went wrong." Can this be fixed?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Sphere of Bass,

Thanks for getting in touch. It looks like some of your playlists are quite large - likely the reason they are loading so slowly. Our engineers are aware that this is sometimes causing performance issues, however we currently don't have an estimate when this can be improved.

Thus, I'd recommend for you to make some of your playlists smaller, and rather create another one or two in order to spread out the workload on the backend for each playlist.

Cheers
Mathis
When I try to add songs to ANY of my playlists, NONE of them load. It says "Sorry, something went wrong" and when I hit "retry" it STILL doesn't load them even after a few tries. It seems to work whenever it wants to, I'm not sure if me having big playlists is the issue because I made a few newer ones and even those ones aren't loading. Please advise thank you 🙂
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Playlists NOT loading.

When I try to add songs to ANY of my playlists, NONE of them load. It says "Sorry, something went wrong" and when I hit "retry" it STILL doesn't load them even after a few tries. It seems to work whenever it wants to, I'm not sure if me having big playlists is the issue because I made a few newer ones and even those ones aren't loading. At this point I can't add songs to 75% of my playlists because when I hit "add to playlists" they aren't showing up. Please advise thank you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Have you tried making your existing playlists smaller? Alternatively, you might want to try and see what happens if you're using a different SoundCloud account - are the issues similar? This way you can isolate the root cause to this issue further.
I've tried to access my playlists from 4 different computers and the issue is still there and my friend's account is having the same problem.
Also, all of my playlists load on mobile but just not on the computer