Question

Won't let me add to existing playlist?

When I click add to a playlist, it just asks what I should call my new playlist and also gives suggestions but there's not option to add the song to and existing playlist.

I'm using google chrome and I'm pretty sure it's updated.

Any help?

49 replies

I don't get it, why is this bug not fixed yet after 2 years? I have the same issue 😕
Why doesnt soundcloud fix this? Its a pretty big issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This is still a problem, soundcloud please fix this already!!

Hey Nightless,

The root cause to the original issue was fixed, however it looks like there's a new bug that has brought back the issue. Many of our users report back that once Adblock is disabled / adjusted, the option comes back, so I'd recommend you try that first. We've reported this being an issue again to our engineers, however have yet to hear back as to when and how this can be addressed unfortunately.
Have same problem (Chrome/MAC). There's no add to existing playlist, only create new one. I assume there will be a tab with the two. Tried what user said by creating two playlists but the option is still not available.
As a Software Engineer it pains me to see that this problem still exists. I never once used the Playlist feature on Soundcloud until today. Now that I finally want to use it I find out that a bug preventing a simple, extremely valuable user interaction is still not fixed after two years. I thought I just didn't know how to use your site or your app but its just that you just don't know what your customers want. Please address this problem. Its obvious everyone wants it fixed... 😠
still having this issue... sad that this hasn't been fixed yet.
🆒🆒 Nice
This issue isn't solved at all. Incredibly frustrating. 😠
I upgraded so I could put full songs in my playlist but this bug is making that incredibly difficult to the point I'm thinking about ending my subscription. its not a small issue its the main reason I upgraded.
This is still happening. A whole two years later, this bullshit still happens.

For everyone still having this problem, if you only have one playlist create another and try again, once you have two or more it will allow you to freely add to an existing playlist, nasty bug.

I have three playlists. Only one of them is public. Still, this shit should not be happening two years later. Major bug. And why isn't Soundcloud open-source so that we as users could help them fix this?
STILL having this issue. I will try creating a second playlist but then i will have to call it "fake playlist" and go back and add the track to my first playlist. It's just that this is such a basic function, especially to connect people to others' songs. Why wouldn't you fix this before doing almost anything else, two years later???????
If you create a new temporary playlist, this should solve the problem.
Had this problem. Deleted punctuation from the name of my playlist (a single comma) and it works as it's supposed to. Also, delete cache, cookies, and login again. Hope this helps.
Happening for me too.
Searching google for the problem returns results dating from from 2015 until today.
How can an issue with such a small but important feature be unresolved for this long?
I have had this problem since day one. It only has the option to create a new playlist when the "add to playlist" button is pushed. I have tried chrome and safari, and tried to do it from the track list, my tracks, and playlist screens. All the same. Maybe you can take a screen shot gina?

It started working for me after I made a second playlist, since I only had one.
Never had this problem before until today & it's bugging the hell out of me! PLEASE HELP FIX THIS!!!

This is still a problem, soundcloud please fix this already!!
For everyone still having this problem, if you only have one playlist create another and try again, once you have two or more it will allow you to freely add to an existing playlist, nasty bug.
There is not actually solved after 2 YEARS!!!! Rlly????
This is driving me mad. It won't give me the option of adding a second track to a playlist anywhere. Nothing works. I tried it with Chrome and Safari but the same problem. Absolutely crazy.

FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT
Why doesnt soundcloud fix this? Its a pretty big issue
This s#*% just recently started happening to me & it's horrible. I'm guessing they've recently upgraded some software or hardware that wasn't quite 100% compatible with existing integrated interface or whatnot & its causing this error to happen sporadically... Either that or their competitors are getting wind of how quickly Sound Cloud is growing & some hack jobs are going on.
If you create a new temporary playlist, this should solve the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion... That actually worked out just fine.
I believe you can do it from the app. But then you uave to back onto your computer to upload songs to it. Such a disgrace! Maybe if we keep commenting, soundcloud might actually do their job and fix this. Its a big deal!