Answered

Won't let me repost a song I have already reposted in the past

• 17 April 2017
  • 1 reply

I'm super irritated with the fact SoundCloud won't let me repost the same songs and it's not even to spam and even if it was I should be allowed to because it's my own personal account and people can unfollow me if they want, I'm super irritated with this block and I just want to repost some old songs I like but nope. Remove it for me please before I remove SoundCloud off my phone.
icon

Best answer by Divided_Eye 25 April 2017, 00:58

You're not the only one to notice this, it happens to me too. It isn't that you can't repost the track again, its that the repost shows up in the same place on your "reposts" tab as when you first reposted it.

So, for example, I reposted a track a month ago. Since then, I've reposted maybe a dozen or so other songs. Now when I go to "re-repost" (unclicking repost, then clicking it again) so that the song will get bumped to the top of my repost page, it simply puts it back where it was--underneath the dozen others I've reposted since.

This is indeed very frustrating; I came here just to see if anyone else was having the same issue. Hopefully it gets addressed soon. I assume (as you do) that it is intended to combat spamming, but they could easily limit it to two or three reposts before cutting off that functionality.
View original

1 reply

You're not the only one to notice this, it happens to me too. It isn't that you can't repost the track again, its that the repost shows up in the same place on your "reposts" tab as when you first reposted it.

So, for example, I reposted a track a month ago. Since then, I've reposted maybe a dozen or so other songs. Now when I go to "re-repost" (unclicking repost, then clicking it again) so that the song will get bumped to the top of my repost page, it simply puts it back where it was--underneath the dozen others I've reposted since.

This is indeed very frustrating; I came here just to see if anyone else was having the same issue. Hopefully it gets addressed soon. I assume (as you do) that it is intended to combat spamming, but they could easily limit it to two or three reposts before cutting off that functionality.