Question

6 days, no stats

• 24 June 2015
  • 3 replies

Hi, I am closely tracking my number of RSS downloads through the iTunes store, and over the last 6 days, it has shown no activity. I'm confident that this is inaccurate as myself, and other friends have downloaded the new episodes through the iTunes store, during this period. Is it on some kind of a delay, or are my stats not showing up correctly?

Thanks,
Steven

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Steven,

Sorry about the confusion. Please see this article on our help center to learn how RSS stats are now being counted. We've changed this most recently in response to the feedback we'd gotten from many of our users.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis
up until June 18th, the plays were counting towards my RSS numbers, after June 18th it seems they are counting just under the "plays" numbers. is that when you made the switch, June 18?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
up until June 18th, the plays were counting towards my RSS numbers, after June 18th it seems they are counting just under the "plays" numbers. is that when you made the switch, June 18?
Yes, that's when this was changed. Sorry about the confusion around this. We're hoping the way this is not counted makes sense for everyone (for instance, a lot of podcasters mentioned the plays not being indicated publicly under the waveform on SoundCloud was misleading listeners in regards to an episode's popularity). 🙂