Question

Adding iTunes Podcast Meta Data Tags

• 18 March 2019
  • 6 replies

There are plenty of articles that cover the reality that iTunes wants Podcasts to have specific meta data tags for Episode, Season, etc. Is SoundCloud going to get up to speed with including these tags so we can get better data on iTunes Connect? I don't know of any way to add them manually before uploading to SoundCloud. iTunes will allow you to see the tag columns in a play list, but will not allow you to edit the content if you add your own file to the iTunes Library. They only method I've seen is using a host that will allow you to add the tags. I have a Tab Editor, but it does not incorporate the new iTunes tag titles.

6 replies

Unfortunately there does not seem to be native support for this at the moment. I'm not finding soundcloud addressing any plans for updating their system either. I'm hoping this gets addressed in one form or another soon or i'd be tempted to find another service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there & thank you for your feedback,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately, there are no immediate plans to implement custom or specific meta data tags to SoundCloud's podcasting features. If this is subject to change in the future, we'll be sure to let our users know on the Help Community.
Hi there & thank you for your feedback,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately, there are no immediate plans to implement custom or specific meta data tags to SoundCloud's podcasting features. If this is subject to change in the future, we'll be sure to let our users know on the Help Community.

Any news on that case? For my podcast iTunes is a main source.
I agree - it might be time to switch over. We're doing over 50k listens per month now and most from iTunes so its really not a good idea to ignore their best practice recommendations.
Is this still the case? I'm quite surprised as it means that users can't find it by searching key terms on Apple podcasts. Quite serious. Going to have to move because of this...

Does this oversight also include Apple’s Seasons tag? We will be moving if that’s the case.