Question

An error was encountered while trying to add your feed

• 8 September 2016
  • 6 replies

Thanks in advance for your help. I've followed all tutorials and after 8 submit attempts today, I haven't been able to troubleshoot the problem.

iTunes is failing to review my podcast when I submit, and it returns an unspecified error:
Dear podcast owner,
An error was encountered while trying to add your feed, [ [u]http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:59461257/sounds.rss[/u] ].

I have tried the following:
  • Validated the feed externally
  • Removing custom feed title
  • Removing custom author name
  • Changing ":" to "%3A"
  • Waiting several hours
Any feedback from the community regarding a solution would be very helpful!

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
I ran your feed thru two validators and everything came up fine. I can't see anything wrong with it. I'd suggest contacting iTunes support:
https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview
(click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page)

Ask them why your feed keeps getting rejected. Report back here with their response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Confirming what Shawn already said - all of your SoundCloud settings seem to be appropriate, this is a go from our end, hence it'd be interesting to know what the iTunes support has to say about this one.

Cheers
Mathis
Will do, many thanks for your help!
I ran your feed thru two validators and everything came up fine. I can't see anything wrong with it. I'd suggest contacting iTunes support:
https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview
(click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page)

Ask them why your feed keeps getting rejected. Report back here with their response.

I found their support messages cryptic, but they were able to get the problem resolved. They reported that "There appears to be another podcast with the same name" and they had me change the name. I had already changed the name several times, so I did it once more and this time it worked. I suspect that they reset something on their end which allowed the RSS feed to resolve.

Thank you for your help.
Hi there,

Confirming what Shawn already said - all of your SoundCloud settings seem to be appropriate, this is a go from our end, hence it'd be interesting to know what the iTunes support has to say about this one.

Cheers
Mathis

I found their support messages cryptic, but they were able to get the problem resolved. They reported that "There appears to be another podcast with the same name" and they had me change the name. I had already changed the name several times, so I did it once more and this time it worked. I suspect that they reset something on their end which allowed the RSS feed to resolve.

Thank you for your help.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

Interesting. In 11 years of dealing with the iTunes Store, this is the report I've seen of them denying a submission based on it having a similar name to another show. But, that's iTunes for you. They change the rules as they like.