Question

Apple Podcast gives error with soundcloud rss feed

• 21 October 2017
  • 11 replies

This is the error I am getting: We had difficulty reading this feed. Bad http result code: 400
It actually appeared recently. Until now the podcast was working fine. What shall I do?

11 replies

I am having the same exact problem. Any solution?
My error corrected when iTunes refreshed my feed. No explanation as to what the original issue was, but it's all good now.
I am having the same issue now. Does Apple automatically refresh the feed or do I have to somehow do it manually?
Same thing for me, first time
Same here, and no way to force a refresh on the Apple site...
Same, assuming a bug?
I'm getting this error to. Is there anything I can do? Or I just have to wait until it's fixed? Apple website doesn't have any actions available. Poster art is 1400x1400 and RSS feed link is correct.
Assuming bug on the soundcloud side?
I'm having the same problem.
Same here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting about this here on The Community. I've taken this to the team responsible for the RSS feeds and they are currently looking into this. I was only able to reproduce the issue once actually, everything worked properly afterwards. If you're seeing this issue again and make any further observations, please take a screenshot and reply here on the topic.

Cheers
Mathis
I still have the problem. I contacted Apple support and they informed me that:

-----
Usually this error occurs when your episodes don’t allow HTTP HEAD requests. You’ll need to get in touch with your host to address this issue.

Certain episodes within your feed do not have byte-range requests enabled which prevents your podcast from being streamed through iTunes.

To enable streaming playback of your episodes, ensure your hosting server allows HTTP HEAD requests and has byte-range requests enabled.
------

So it doesn't seem like there is anything I can do myself. I never had this problem before in 31 episodes. 😞