Question

Can I list my remotely hosted podcast on Soundcloud?

• 28 March 2015
  • 2 replies

Can I list my remotely listed RSS Podcast on Soundclould or must I host it on your servers?

Originally I planed on using SoundCloud for hosting. At the time my needs where greater what I could get from SoundClould RSS feed. Soundcloud is currently forwarding my new feed but it is not displaying the podcast episodes in my soundcloud space.

Now that my hosting has changed can I get soundcloud to list my podcast? Or am I forced to manage 2 RSS feeds and hosting accounds?

I see the option to change my rss feed and changing that allows soundcloud forward my podcast on my soundcloud feed but not on soundcloud.

Is there a fix for this?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Hmm, not sure if I've entirely understood your query - are you hosting your current and new episodes on SoundClound now and want to know if you can make sure your listeners can listen older episodes that are hosted by a different service, or is it actually the other way round?

If the latter is the case, you'll find a "New Feed Location" field in your settings on SoundCloud. Here, you can provide the RSS link to your new hoster.

However, if you're considering the other way around and want to start hosting on SoundCloud again, then the service that you used before would need to provide an option to include a redirect of your feed. If they don't, I'm afraid we won't be able to pull these episodes in automatically, so you would need to upload them on SoundCloud again.

Hope this helps! Lastly, here are two great resources to learn more about Podcasting on SoundCloud and on submitting to iTunes:
http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1209292-soundcloud-for-podcasters
https://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html

Cheers,
Mathis
$o I originally had my feed posted on Soundcloud. then I had to move away from SoundCloud for software reasons. I change my RSS feed on the Soundcloud and SoundCloud forward it.

The thing is soundcloud only now displays my soundcloud hosted content. Thought there might be a conflict with my feed and soundcloud hosted content so I deleted my soundcloud content. No fix.

So I reentered my new rss into sound cloud. And waited 48 hours. Still not displaying .... Yet my soundcloud rss feed is forwarding my feed and I tested it and it Is working .

My question is how can I fix this so I can share my content with sound cloud users?