Question

Can we have simpler RSS feed URLs?

• 26 May 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
The URLs for our podcast RSS feeds are uneccessarily long for displaying on some mediums. I'd prefer to have a URL that's simply my profile URL followed by /feed.

Additionally it'd be nice if a link to the RSS feed was obviously presented on our profiles as well as a link html tag in the head element of our profile pages so that feed reading applications and systems can easily find and discover our RSS feeds.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
a temporary solution could be to use a service like tinyurl for the feed link.

also, you can add a link to the rss feed yourself by adding it to the 'you on the web' list of links on your settings page. the links will then display on your profile page under your name and description on the left column.
Userlevel 2
I currently use a custom URL with a temporary redirect and add that to the "You on the web" list of links, but that list of links presents other issues, namely no way to specify the order of the links.
Userlevel 5
Badge
they are listed in the order you add them, newest at the bottom. should be easy enough to add them in a custom order so you can display in the order you want
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for the input on this. Dubstep.fm has already provided some good workarounds, but I'll make sure to pass on your feedback to our podcasting product team. :-)

All the best
Mathis
Userlevel 2
they are listed in the order you add them, newest at the bottom. should be easy enough to add them in a custom order so you can display in the order you want
Actually, they shift order every time I save the changes. It's really annoying.