Question

Can you change the publish date for podcasts migrated into Soundcloud back to the original ?

I'm considering moving my podcast over to Soundcloud but I read this on someone's blog "you can’t edit the publish date of a given sound, so when you migrate, all of your episodes will show up not on the date they were originally published, but on the date you uploaded it to Soundcloud."

Is this accurate? Or will there be a way I can update the past episodes with the correct release date? I don't want them all changed in iTunes to be the same date based on when I moved to Soundcloud.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Tanya,

Thanks for posting. What you've read is accurate. However, maybe your current podcast hosting service has the option to redirect your current RSS feed? This was you would not have to re-upload all of your older episodes to SoundCloud again, but could redirect them.

We have this feature on SoundCloud in case someone decides they want to use a different host for their future episodes. The relevant field for this is "Subscriber redirect" in your account settings. Maybe your current host has something similar?

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis
Once you are redirected you would still only see the new episodes and none of the older ones. Almost every platform allows you to change the date after posting and even schedule posts except for Soundcloud.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Once you are redirected you would still only see the new episodes and none of the older ones. Almost every platform allows you to change the date after posting and even schedule posts except for Soundcloud.
Hi Built in Motion,

We will forward your feedback around this to the relevant product team.

Best
Mathis