Answered

Canada: SOCAN and copyrighted songs

• 15 March 2015
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I live in Canada, I'm starting a podcast and I will pay a yearly licence to the SOCAN the organism that collects royalty fees for local and international artists here. Will I be able to post my podcasts on Soundcloud?
http://www.socan.ca/about
icon

Best answer by Gina 16 March 2015, 13:22

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch on the forum to ask about posting your podcast. Please take a look here for all the information regarding copyright and SoundCloud. If after reading you still have questions then you will need to contact our copyright team directly here.

Also, be sure to check out our Podcasting FAQ's here on the forum if you have any questions specifically related to getting your podcast started.

Cheers,
Gina
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch on the forum to ask about posting your podcast. Please take a look here for all the information regarding copyright and SoundCloud. If after reading you still have questions then you will need to contact our copyright team directly here.

Also, be sure to check out our Podcasting FAQ's here on the forum if you have any questions specifically related to getting your podcast started.

Cheers,
Gina