Answered

Change website url for transmission to iTunes

• 3 October 2017
  • 5 replies

In my iTunes podcast I want to show a different website.
Here on Soundcloud I have inserted several websites and social media accounts. The url which goes over to iTunes seems to be chosen randomly from the list of urls here. How can I make sure that the right url ends up in iTunes?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 9 October 2017, 16:29

Hi there Heidi,

I did some digging for you around this as I - admittedly - didn't know the answer to this myself. Basically, our system will take the first "personal" (as opposed to social network) URL from your "Your links" section (which you can access by going to your SoundCloud profile, then hit the "Edit" button on the right hand side, under your banner image).

The first two links are HTTP:// links, the third one is a HTTPS:// link, and that is the one our system is pulling in and sends over to iTunes. Thus, you would want to change that with the URL you'd rather show, and the changes should be applied on iTunes within a few days.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: shawnmx, you might have confused the "Web links" section with the location where you can grab the RSS feed URL.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
You can usually only set one URL for that link. Keep in mind that any updates you make to your podcast RSS feed settings can take up to 24 hours to be displayed in the public iTunes Store. Set the site to the one you want and give the store some time to check the feed and make the update.
Thanks, but where do I insert "this one link"? And make sure that it picks that one and not others?
Userlevel 5
Badge
I'm not that familiar with SoundCloud's interface, unfortunately. Presumably, there's a setting somewhere called "Website," and that's where you'd add it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Heidi,

I did some digging for you around this as I - admittedly - didn't know the answer to this myself. Basically, our system will take the first "personal" (as opposed to social network) URL from your "Your links" section (which you can access by going to your SoundCloud profile, then hit the "Edit" button on the right hand side, under your banner image).

The first two links are HTTP:// links, the third one is a HTTPS:// link, and that is the one our system is pulling in and sends over to iTunes. Thus, you would want to change that with the URL you'd rather show, and the changes should be applied on iTunes within a few days.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: shawnmx, you might have confused the "Web links" section with the location where you can grab the RSS feed URL.
Hi Mathis,

Thanks a lot. That makes sense and I will figure out how to re-arrange the links in the right way.
Thanks for spending the time to find that out!

Heidi