Question

Changing Cover Art on iTunes via SoundCloud RSS Feed

• 12 April 2016
  • 7 replies

iTunes show art isn't updating & they told me to contact you as the host of my RSS feed.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
What's the URL to your podcast RSS feed?
http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:162297620/sounds.rss
Userlevel 5
Badge
Your current iTunes image file is here:
http://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000215459028-mrtwnb-original.jpg
This image is 3333px X 3333px which is larger than the artwork spec requires, which is a maximum of 3000px X 3000px. If you uploaded a file smaller than 3333px square, then SoundCloud must've resized it for you. In which case, it would be a SoundCloud problem. If this is the actual file you uploaded, make it smaller and upload it again.
Ok. My staff created the artwork - so I'm not sure how large it is.

But either way, why is iTunes still loading my old show art? It has the correct artwork beside the episode, but it has the old logo for my primary/general show art.

Thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge
I'm assuming the artwork you're seeing "beside the episode" is what you see when you download an episode thru the feed and then play it. In which case, the iTunes application is using the artwork embedded in the media file. The artwork that displays in your iTunes Store listing is based on what's in your podcast RSS feed. As long as your new artwork stays at its current size, it won't update in the iTunes Store. Resize the image to 3000px square and upload it to SoundCloud. It may take a few days to update in the store, but it'll get there.
Yes. "Beside the episode" = episode artwork, not overall channel artwork.

I'll resize to 3000 pixels x 3000 pixels & resubmit.

Thank you for your help & patience.

Todd
Hey shawnmx. I wanted to let you know that your recommendation worked. Thank you for your help!