Question

Comments are not visible in some of the tracks.

• 17 November 2015
  • 7 replies

I can't see the comments I added in some tracks. I added new and although I had a notification (saying that I added new comments), still they are not visible. How can I fix this?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

apologies about the troubles. There is currently a bug on our comments service that causes for comments to not show on tracks that only has comments from the original uploader. Once there's a comment from someone else on that track, all comments should show up properly.

Our engineers are currently working on fixing this.

Cheers
Mathis
Hello Mathis,

There were some comments posted from someone else besides the original uploader, however the problem was not fixed and neither my comments nor the other person's comments show up. Is this also happening because of the bug in your comments service?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello Mathis,

There were some comments posted from someone else besides the original uploader, however the problem was not fixed and neither my comments nor the other person's comments show up. Is this also happening because of the bug in your comments service?

Hi again,

Oh, hmm, sorry to hear that. Can you send over the link and title of the track in question please? This way I can look into this in further detail from our end.

Cheers
Mathis
Hello Mathis,

Hey Mathis,

Here is the link: https://soundcloud.com/hellaspindakaas/spiros-gogas-alexandros-kyrkos-live The title of the track is: Spiros Gogas & Alexandros Kyrkos LIVE - _ ______ & _ ____ _________ _______. I hope that helps, please let me know if you find something!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello Mathis,

Hmm, odd - the comments are showing fine for me. Let's make sure we both agree on the details of the issue. Here's a screenshot of what I see when I visit that track page:

And then all of these comments will also show on the track page, underneath the waveform, in the comments section. Is this not the case for you? Can you send over a screenshot if it differs from the one I sent please?

Cheers
Mathis
Hello Mathis,

Hey Mathis,

I just checked again and all the comments came back, so I assume the problem was solved! Thank you very much for your help, have a nice day!
Userlevel 2
Hi there,

apologies about the troubles. There is currently a bug on our comments service that causes for comments to not show on tracks that only has comments from the original uploader. Once there's a comment from someone else on that track, all comments should show up properly.

Our engineers are currently working on fixing this.

Cheers
Mathis

I have 2 comments indicated under 2 of my tracks on my track list. It shows the same indication on the tracks info but the stats don't show any indication, there are no notifications of them, and when I go to track page it shows "no comments."
The android app and desktop show the exact same discrepancy... I assume this is just another bug???