Solved

Complete RSS feed code needed for Google Play podcast submission

The single-line RSS feed provided in my dashboard isn't sufficient for submission to Google Play. Can SoundCloud provide me the complete RSS feed that it supplies to iTunes, which includes appropriate tags for author, owner, etc., along with URLs for each existing episode? Here's the example Google provides.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Metal,

If you plug in your RSS feed (http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:151700375/sounds.rss) into a browser then it will display your entire rss feed however i'd like to note that the feed above is what we submit to iTunes and that should not be a problem.

-Gina
Gina wrote:

Hi Metal,

If you plug in your RSS feed (http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:151700375/sounds.rss) into a browser then it will display your entire rss feed however i'd like to note that the feed above is what we submit to iTunes and that should not be a problem.

-Gina

This is an issue when I try to submit because of the email address in the feed. Google says,

"Email address is invalid:
The email address specified in the RSS feed cannot be used to verify ownership. Please change the email address."
Gina wrote:

Hi Metal,

-Gina

Google has a support page here, https://support.google.com/googleplay/podcasts/answer/6260341#series, they have a Full Sample Code on there that you can modify. I'm working through that process myself, hope it helps.
DIY Video Guy wrote:

Gina wrote:

Hi Metal,

-Gina

This is an issue when I try to submit because of the email address in the feed. Google says,

"Email address is invalid:
The email address specified in the RSS feed cannot be used to verify ownership. Please change the email address."

This is an old thread, but for anyone who may be searching for an answer to this question, I just ran into this problem. The issue was resolved by ensuring the email address was displayed in the tab next to the RSS feed URL link tab in your settings menu. Hope this helps!
This didn't work for me. Set the email as mentioned above and then copied and pasted the RSS link to Google. Same error message. "Email address in invalid."
I have the same issue. Now set up the email address to be displayed in the Soundcloud settings menu, tried several times, also with different email addresses including on on google.com

Google Play Store still says "Email address is invalid. The email address specified in the RSS feed cannot be used to verify ownership. Please change the email address."

What can I do???
Same issue here. Did you manage to fix this?
Solved my problem : I had two emails listed in soundcloud. Somehow deleting the second email address and just having one email address listed solved the issue with Google play 🙂
LVDT wrote:

Solved my problem : I had two emails listed in soundcloud. Somehow deleting the second email address and just having one email address listed solved the issue with Google play :)

this didn't work for me. has anyone else had an issue after deleting other email addresses?
i deleted the other email addresses and I'm still having this problem with Google Play. Anyone manage to solve this?
Same problem here. Tried all the fixes. . . none work. This must be on Google's end.
Hi I am facing this issue when trying to add my RSS feed to Google podcast, what is wrong here?

Userlevel 5
Badge
You don't submit your podcast to the Google Podcasts app. (Note: Google Podcasts and Google Play Music are NOT the same thing.) All you can do with Google Podcasts is wait for Google's search engine to index your podcast RSS feed. Once that happens, your show will become findable within Google Podcasts. There's nothing you can do but wait for Google to index your feed. There's no way to speed up the process.
shawnmx wrote:

Hi, did you ever resolve this? I am having the same issue '
shawnmx wrote:

You don't submit your podcast to the Google Podcasts app. (Note: Google Podcasts and Google Play Music are NOT the same thing.) All you can do with Google Podcasts is wait for Google's search engine to index your podcast RSS feed. Once that happens, your show will become findable within Google Podcasts. There's nothing you can do but wait for Google to index your feed. There's no way to speed up the process.

Tyler Daniels wrote:

LVDT wrote:

Solved my problem : I had two emails listed in soundcloud. Somehow deleting the second email address and just having one email address listed solved the issue with Google play :)

this didn't work for me. has anyone else had an issue after deleting other email addresses?

I'm still having an issue. Anyone else figure it out?
Same problem here.
My email is public in the "Email address displayed", but still Google says "Email address is invalid
The email address specified in the RSS feed cannot be used to verify ownership. Please change the email address. Learn More."

Not really know what to do now...
I just tried something else.

Go to your ACCOUNT settings - > Sign in with other social networks -> add google account (the same one you will use for podcast)

I did that a minute ago and it worked!

Hope it helps!