Answered

default or placeholder meta data descriptions - itunes rejection

• 12 May 2019
  • 3 replies

I submitted my podcast to itunes with two rejections before I asked them why it is being rejected.

They responded with:
"Your show was rejected because it contains default of placeholder metadata from your hosting provider in its description. Currently it reads "Podcast by Sophie P. (The Podcast)" (see attached)"

I'll attache the image here.

My assumption is that I need to change description of my podcast. I feel like this is a pretty simple fix but I can't for the life of me find it. Any feedback on how to fix this issue so I can resubmit this would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Sophie P 20 May 2019, 21:36

Solution:

Open your Soundcloud page. Go into your profile. Under your image and banner click edit and fill in all of the information there including a bio. That pushed mine through apple.
View original

3 replies

Sophie - I have the same issue - submitted 3 times thus far. I have edited the account profile, meta descriptions and tried removing all tags that might be seen as placeholder. My question elsewhere in this thread is to change our Soundcloud account name to the name of the podcast as opposed to the name of the business.

Any advice gratefully received.
Solution:

Open your Soundcloud page. Go into your profile. Under your image and banner click edit and fill in all of the information there including a bio. That pushed mine through apple.
Apple seem to be objecting to the words "Podcast by Terry Baucher" - it says this is default or placeholder metadata from your hosting provider.
BUT here's my question: In Soundcloud Settings - these are defaults aren't they?

The same for every episode.