Question

Does changing URL affect podcast RSS Feed?

• 27 March 2015
  • 4 replies

I would like to change my podcast URL but NOT change the feed, for obvious reasons. Can this be done? In other words, if I change the URL, will this force a change in the RSS feed URL, which will require changes in all directories, etc?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Plus,

No worries, the rss feed runs off of your user id not your url, changing it won't screw you up 🙂 Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Gina
Thank you Gina, I appreciate the quick (and authoritative) reply very much. I'm changing a lot of things, adding buy links, etc. and I didn't want to add extra work. I've been with Soundcloud for a long time and think it's a great idea.
Hey Gina would changing my url before posting effect my track being crawled by an aggregator like hypem? I am trying to see why my soundcloud link that has been posted on two hypem blogs isn't being aggregated and the only I did different was I changed the url after uploading but before these blogs posted
Gina, do you have any advice on changing a podcast name? I'm 12 episodes deep and would like to change the name of the show both on iTunes and here on SOundcloud, without starting over at square one... Any advice would be great!