Question

Does the play count on my soundcloud podcast include listens through itunes?

• 23 November 2015
  • 11 replies

Does the play count on my soundcloud podcast include listens through itunes?

11 replies

Userlevel 1
I have had an answer on a different Soundcloud thread that iTunes plays do NOT count towards Soundcloud plays i.e your total plays are Soundcloud stats PLUS the (unknown) itunes figures.

This appears to be incorrect - I got a friend to press play on a few of my tracks on iTunes, then, sure enough, the Soundcloud stats on those tracks went up by 1.

Simply put, I am of the opinion that Soundcloud play figure is pretty much a grand total. It is also clear that Soundcloud don't know their own platform. Getting help and answers to questions is also a chore. So take that for what it is.
Userlevel 1
Hi there, I also would like some clarity on this. The article seems to indicate that iTunes plays ARE included, but I've seen contradictory articles elsewhere. I also believe that Soundcloud's policy on this has changed (but perhaps I am wrong about that).

Sorry to be a pain, but a simple "yes" or "no" would be much appreciated!

Many thanks indeed

Andy
A direct answer to this question would be awesome.
Dunno if anyone will read this, as it's an ancient thread, but I've just tested it and:

1. iTunes does sum up to the SC statistics
  2. Spotify does not
Also interested. Does Gina's answer mean no unless you set up Podtrac?

Will this include iTunes RSS downloads? https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/my-podcast-stats-look-different-what-changed
Does the SoundCloud Pro Unlimited Plan track all the stats I need? iTunes? Pocket Cast? What exactly does SoundCloud truly track and report in stats? Why does SoundCloud push Podtrac stats when I paid for the Pro Unlimited Plan that's supposed to have all the stats I'd ever need?
I'm also getting conflicting data. I've looked at a few articles, but also anecdotally, it seems like it's not. I've had more people talk to me about our podcasts than apparently plays tracked. Maybe my friends are just nice, but it would be good to know.
I really appreciate the response. Perhaps I'll run a similar test with my iTunes based friends and see if it registers. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

More info here.

Thanks,
Gina
I have had an answer on a different Soundcloud thread that iTunes plays do NOT count towards Soundcloud plays i.e your total plays are Soundcloud stats PLUS the (unknown) itunes figures.

This appears to be incorrect - I got a friend to press play on a few of my tracks on iTunes, then, sure enough, the Soundcloud stats on those tracks went up by 1.

Simply put, I am of the opinion that Soundcloud play figure is pretty much a grand total. It is also clear that Soundcloud don't know their own platform. Getting help and answers to questions is also a chore. So take that for what it is.

Thanks for this. Very helpful.
@SIMBA.
Do you mean Itunes does count towards the total soundcloud plays and spotify does not? A bit confused by your wording. Also, how do you know this?

Thanks