Question

Google Podcast - RSS Update

Userlevel 1
Google has been making some changes to the way it handles Podcasts, with some good features coming our way. Still, in order to follow Google’s official guidelines for podcasts (https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/podcast), we will need to update the RSS file to include the following tag : xmlns:googleplay

eg:

When the RSS files will be updated to include this new tag?

Thanks!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there TOAD,

It is currently not possible to edit your RSS feed manually, but I'll be sure to pass on your feedback.
Userlevel 1
Hi Mathis, thanks! I really appreciate it.

Moreover, do you have any estimates for when this change will be available?
Hi everyone,

Thanks Toad for asking the question, I came with the same intention as you.
I underline the importance of taking this need into account to ensure that Google will be able to play podcasts hosted by SoundCloud. Thanks Mathis for your help on it.
Ping on this! Another podcaster who'd like to make sure the RSS feed is updated for Google. This not only affects Google Podcasts but also the Assistant. This is lots of potential listeners that we can't reach. Please add the googleplay RSS tag. Thanks!
I second this motion. We really need rss update to submit podcast to google podcast system. Thanks!!!
This still doesn't seem to have been updated? There's currently no way to get Soundcloud Podcasts listed on Google Podcasts. That seems like a massive hole. Like - HUGE. If we can have an eta on when this might be available (we need to be able to link to a specific homepage from the RSS code)... Otherwise I'm going to have to move to another podcast host (and I've only just set up here!)
I am new to Soundcloud and was just about to subscribe to get my podcasts on here and then linking the RSS to Google Podcast. If that is not possible then I should consider another host. Is there a timeline we can get to see when this will be fixed?
soundcloud seem very quiet on this front. No reply from them for six months (and that was a “thanks for letting us know” message - above... you would have thought they would already know!).

SOUNDCLOUD RSS FEEDS WILL NOT APPEAR IN GOOGLE PODCASTS

I would suggest looking elsewhere. I’ve kept mine here but also used podbean (which is now listed on google podcasts)

google havent made it easy even on the other platforms. You have to submit your url, add info to the header page and jump through several other hoops. Perhaps one day they might simplify it from their end too
Soundcloud-is there any movement on this issue? My podcast is available everywhere but Google Podcasts. This is essential for those of us who have podcasts in the UK as we do not have access to Google Play Podcasts like those in the US/Canada.
BUMP.

This should be bumped every day until SoundCloud tell us their progress of updating their RSS so it is compatible with Google podcasts.
Anyone have an idea how this SoundCloud rss managed to get on Google Podcasts?

https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cDovL2ZlZWRzLnNvdW5kY2xvdWQuY29tL3VzZXJzL3NvdW5kY2xvdWQ6dXNlcnM6MzI1NTA5NjM1L3NvdW5kcy5yc3M
Just checked and my podcast appeared. It's a myth these new tags are required as mine doesn't have them.
BUMP

Hey, any news regarding this issue? Any workarounds maybe?

Eagerly awaiting!