Question

Help! We had difficulty downloading episodes from your feed

• 10 January 2015
  • 10 replies

Itunes keeps saying We had difficulty downloading episodes from your feed. What do I do?

My soundcloud RSS:
http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:126565589/sounds.rss

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, let's see - I can see you've provided a link to Feedburner in the "Stats service URL prefix" section - can you take this one out of there, then try again? This field is actually for Podtrac only, so this might have broken your feed for iTunes.

You'll find this section on your settings/extra page.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis
Ive been trying to get my feed submitted to Itunes for a month and am getting fed up with this. HAVING THE exact same error message and I do NOT have any of the stuff in the Extra tab . My images are correct size, feeds have been submitted successfully on Stitcher and Blackberry...tried a feedburner feed and no luck either ....although a different error message...?

my feed is http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:110069884/sounds.rss
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ive been trying to get my feed submitted to Itunes for a month and am getting fed up with this. HAVING THE exact same error message and I do NOT have any of the stuff in the Extra tab . My images are correct size, feeds have been submitted successfully on Stitcher and Blackberry...tried a feedburner feed and no luck either ....although a different error message...?

my feed is http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:110069884/sounds.rss

Hey James,

Thanks for posting - I can totally understand your frustration - I've had situations like this before. Ok, but let's see - to begin with, I've just checked your RSS feed and it looks like the profile image is not 1400x1400px. If you copy and paste the RSS feed into a new browser tab and press enter, you'll see a bunch of text - for instance, each track in your feed will be marked as an <item>

Once you're here, look for the .jpg you have in there - it is http://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000100458724-o3jwh1-original.jpg

Copy and paste this one in yet another tab and you'll see that the profile image is much smaller then 1400x1400. I feel like this is a bit misleading, as I've seen another user being confused about this before (i.e., the profile picture vs. individual tracks' artworks).

Can you update the profile image, then try again? Let me know how this goes.

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there any progress happening with the iTunes issue?.

I have had a pro account for a while now with a want to connect my podcast to iTunes. Everytime I try I get this:

"We had difficulty downloading episodes from your feed"

I understand that this is a current issue but my question is simple, is there any progress with this issue and how long can I expect it to take to get resolved?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there any progress happening with the iTunes issue?.

I have had a pro account for a while now with a want to connect my podcast to iTunes. Everytime I try I get this:

I understand that this is a current issue but my question is simple, is there any progress with this issue and how long can I expect it to take to get resolved?

Hi there,

Thanks for replying. Now, I'd say let's make sure the settings for your account are correct and try submitting your feed again. I've just looked into your settings from our end, and so far, things do look ok. However, I noticed that the profile image that you currently have uploaded is 600x600 rather then 1400x1400, which is one of iTunes requirements.

Can you upload a bigger version of the profile image and try to resubmit? Please let us know if this still isn't working.

Cheers,
Mathis

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it hasn't worked. I uploaded a 1400x1400 picture but I am still getting the same message:

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Andy
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi again Andy,

Thanks for following up. Just checked again to make sure, but it looks like the image on the RSS feed is still 600x600. Here's how you can test this:

a) Copy and paste your RSS feed into a new browser tab, then press enter: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:122600470/sounds.rss
b) You'll see a bunch of text. Search for the line that has your image URL in it. I did this for your feed and the image URL is http://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000114127617-eqz12j-original.jpg
c) Copy and paste this URL into another new browser tab and press enter - you'll see the image, and when you download it to your desktop and check the dimensions, you'll see this is still 600x600.

May I ask where exactly you updated the image? In order to update your profile artwork (this is what needs to be 1400x1400), please go to your public profile https://soundcloud.com/frame-by-frame-2 and hover over your current profile image. You'll see a button that says "Choose new image" - from here, upload the bigger version.

Hope this does the trick now :-)

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi Mathis,

Initially that was my fault, I forgot to click 'save changes'

I uploaded the new picture and clicked save changes and the same error message, "We had difficulty downloading episodes from your feed" came up.

I signed out of soundcloud and then back in to see if this would do anything but no, still the same message.

Next? Lol

Thanks,

Andy

Its still not working. Any advice?

Andy

I am having the same problem - still not working - did you ever get yours fixed?