Question

I am having some trouble submitting my podcast on itunes.

• 6 March 2015
  • 5 replies

I am having some trouble submitting my podcast on itunes. This is my RSS link http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/sou... I can test the feed on itunes and it works. But when I try to submit the podcast feed to the itunes store, it doesnt work. I changed the cover on soundcloud and resubmitted my request, and it still doesn't work. I get an error msg that reads "podcast cover art must be at least 1400 x1400 pixel JPG or PNG, in RGB color space, and hosted on a server that allows HTTP head requests." I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Thanks so much.

5 replies

Hi! Please let me know if you receive an answer.. it's driving me crazy too.. I've changed my image sizes to a 1400X1400jpg in pic monkey but it's still not working. My email is anoushkamarie22@gmail.com. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for posting on the help Forum.

@Magnificent Obsession: I've looked into this for you, and it looks like your current profile image is 3982x2971 px with a file size of 3,5MB. This is likely causing difficulties. Thus, changing this to an image that is 1400x1400 px with a file size under 2MB should help you get going.

@Eastlake Church - your RSS feed looks ok actually, so I'm not sure what exactly is causing the difficulties for you at the moment. Can you take a screenshot of the error message you're receiving and attach it here? Also, please do not post personal information on the help forum to make sure your privacy is secured. I'd actually recommend to go ahead and edit your previous post and delete the email address. Don't worry - we'll still be able to find your RSS feed and SoundCloud account from our end.

Looking forward to hearing from you two again.

Cheers
Mathis
Thanks Mathis for the response. Can you please tell me how to edit my previous post? I can't see an edit button. My podcast has now been uploaded to iTunes but with no image.. the feed is https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/eastlake-church/id974947930 the image is 800X800 and approx 1mb in size. Also to upgrade to the soundcloud pro which has an upload time of 6 hours, that is a total playlist of 6 hours isn't it, it's not a per month amount? I plan on uploading approx 30mins per week so seems the Pro Unlimited might be the most suitable? Thanks for the help.
Hi there,

Thanks for posting on the help Forum.

@Magnificent Obsession: I've looked into this for you, and it looks like your current profile image is 3982x2971 px with a file size of 3,5MB. This is likely causing difficulties. Thus, changing this to an image that is 1400x1400 px with a file size under 2MB should help you get going.

@Eastlake Church - your RSS feed looks ok actually, so I'm not sure what exactly is causing the difficulties for you at the moment. Can you take a screenshot of the error message you're receiving and attach it here? Also, please do not post personal information on the help forum to make sure your privacy is secured. I'd actually recommend to go ahead and edit your previous post and delete the email address. Don't worry - we'll still be able to find your RSS feed and SoundCloud account from our end.

Looking forward to hearing from you two again.

Cheers
Mathis

@Mathis
Ok, I changed it and it still doesn't work. Am I still doing something wrong?? Please let me know. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks Mathis for the response. Can you please tell me how to edit my previous post? I can't see an edit button. My podcast has now been uploaded to iTunes but with no image.. the feed is https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/eastlake-church/id974947930 the image is 800X800 and approx 1mb in size. Also to upgrade to the soundcloud pro which has an upload time of 6 hours, that is a total playlist of 6 hours isn't it, it's not a per month amount? I plan on uploading approx 30mins per week so seems the Pro Unlimited might be the most suitable? Thanks for the help.
Hi there,

Thanks for writing back. My sincere apologies - I totally blanked out on the fact that it is not possible to edit a post once someone else had written a comment or reply after it. I have now set this conversation to be private to make sure your email information isn't publicly available any longer.

From what I can see, the profile image on your SoundCloud profile is actually 1400x1400px, so this should be all set from the SoundCloud end of things. Also, when I looked up your podcast from within iTunes, I was able to see the image just fine: http://cl.ly/image/061S0f0T1e0p

Thus, things should be fine now. Unless you have further questions around this? If so, feel free to let us know.

Cheers
Mathis