Answered

I'd like to change the name of my podcast, what steps do I take

• 18 December 2016
  • 4 replies

I am ending the current podcast that I host on SoundCloud. I am going to start a new podcast with a new name and a different topic.

Can this be done by just changing the information on my "setting/content" page?
icon

Best answer by Chris Mai 22 December 2016, 02:19

You can change your display name and profile URL by visiting your profile page and clicking the Edit button under your profile header.
View original

4 replies

I take it SoundCloud does not monitor this HELP forum?
You can change your display name and profile URL by visiting your profile page and clicking the Edit button under your profile header.
What happens when you change your display name or profile URL?

Your new profile URL and display name will be immediately searchable within SoundCloud, but may not show up immediately in Google search. This is dependent on Google refreshing its cache, and SoundCloud cannot influence this.

If you change your profile URL, this will affect all links and embedded players you might have posted previously. Embedded players that were posted before August 2010 will be broken. However, embedded players posted after this time will still play your tracks, but if the listener clicks through to the SoundCloud page, they will be directed to an empty page. We do not offer redirect services when you change your profile URL.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

We're monitoring and moderating the Help Community, however cannot always get back to individual queries in a timely matter. That's where users like Chris Mai come in - thanks so much for helping Chris!

@All Things Loudoun - hope your question was properly answered? Alternatively to what Chris suggested, you can also leave your old podcast as it is and create a new SoundCloud account, as each account provides you with a unique Feed URL. Depending on how many episodes you want to have uploaded at a time, this might soon mean you'd have to purchase an additional Pro or Pro Unlimited plan. Still, wanted to suggest that as an option.

Cheers
Mathis