Question

I have a music account but would like to add my podcast without starting a separate account

• 11 June 2015
  • 7 replies

Specifically, I'd like to use my RSS feed in my Soundcloud account to only include my podcast episodes. The problem is I want the image in the RSS feed to be different from the one used in my profile.

Is that possible? My podcast episodes are going to average at 30 minutes and I'd really like to accomplish this without having to spend another $107 on another account.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
You can choose which tracks will be included in your RSS feed. Not every track is automatically added unless you set your defaults to have that box checked and forget to uncheck it for a given uploaded track. More details on the SoundCloud for Podcasters page.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I figured out the RSS feed settings but I'd like the picture that shows up in the feed to be a different one than the one currently on my profile. But I don't want to change the pic on my profile, just the one that appears in the RSS feed. Is that possible?
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I figured out the RSS feed settings but I'd like the picture that shows up in the feed to be a different one than the one currently on my profile. But I don't want to change the pic on my profile, just the one that appears in the RSS feed. Is that possible?
Hmmm... Seems like we need a custom feed image option. I smell a feature request!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

This is not an option we provide at this point, sorry. You might still be able to work around it by going through Feedburner, depending how essential this is for you to have. They seem to offer a custom location for the artwork.

I'll forward your feedback to our product team for future reference. :-)

Cheers
Mathis
Crud.... I'll most likely just go with my profile pic for now when I submit my podcast to ITunes, etc. With the customizing tools you guys offer already for your feeds, it just seems really strange that an option to change the image that appears in the feed is currently unavailable. It'd be really useful for musicians, comedians, etc. who would exclusively just like to use their Soundcloud RSS feed to promote their podcast (if they have one).

It would also be cool to have an option to edit the description text of the feed as well.

Ah well, thanks for forwarding this to your product team, Mathis! Can't wait to hear the announcement when it's finally added : ]
Userlevel 2
Or feeds for individual playlists, using the playlist image as the feed image.
Yeah, that'd be cool. Would probably be even more convenient having a feature like that implemented.