Question

I have a profile for my music. I want to set up a separate profile for my podcast. Can I do that?

• 28 May 2015
  • 9 replies

I have a profile for my music. I want to set up a separate profile for my podcast. Can I do that?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Joan,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

You certainly can do that although you can't run 2 profiles from a single soundcloud account so you would need to create a new account for your podcast.

Hope that helps :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Thanks! I understood that's what I had to do, but how do I start a new account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Joan,

When on SoundCloud.com click on Sign up instead of Sign in. :)

Cheers,
Gina
I have a different question. I have a music profile and just started a podcast. I purchased the Pro Unlimited so I wouldn't be limited with uploading since I'm going to be releasing 2 podcast eps a month and they'll be about 30 min in length.

My issue is that I want my RSS feed to just show my podcast but I don't want to pay for 2 different accounts (too expensive). I also am having issues calling my podcast playlist, simply a "podcast".

Is there anyway Soundcloud can help me out? I'd like accomplish this without needlessly setting up 2 accounts
Actually, I think I found a way around it. But there's just one issue: Is there a way to change the picture image that displays in feeds without changing the profile picture?
Actually, I think I found a way around it. But there's just one issue: Is there a way to change the picture image that displays in feeds without changing the profile picture?
when you upload a file on the left there should be a grey image, you just click on that and scroll down till you see change image, the image you'll put there will be only for that track
Thanks for the reply. But I'm only concerned with changing the image file that appears in the RSS feed. Currently it seems to default to my profile pic. I don't want to change my pic on my profile, I just want to use a different pic for the feed. The Content tab allows for changing the title and author of the feed, but there's no option for changing the picture. So, that's basically my dilemma. I can configure the RSS feed to only include my podcast episodes but I don't want to have to setup another account just because of a feed picture swap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for the reply. But I'm only concerned with changing the image file that appears in the RSS feed. Currently it seems to default to my profile pic. I don't want to change my pic on my profile, I just want to use a different pic for the feed. The Content tab allows for changing the title and author of the feed, but there's no option for changing the picture. So, that's basically my dilemma. I can configure the RSS feed to only include my podcast episodes but I don't want to have to setup another account just because of a feed picture swap.
Hi again 857_EFS,

There's currently not an option to have a different picture then your profile picture being pushed to your podcast on iTunes or Stitcher etc. - sorry. There might be an option to achieve this by going through Feedburner, however since this is a different service, I won't be able to support how to do this exactly over there.