Answered

I would like to add episode number as an iTunes tag in the rss feed

• 2 March 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I would like to add episode number into the podcast episode as an iTunes tag (recommended by Apple) so that I could avoid using episode number in the episode title. I would also like to be able to alter the iTunes title for an episode. Well, basically i would like to play with all the iTunes tags in the rss feed.

Is this currently possible? Haven't found a way to do this so far...

Ideas anyone?
icon

Best answer by True Meta Inc 15 March 2019, 16:27

Unfortunately Sound Cloud has no support for this. There's also not a way to manually edit our RSS feed to add the episode designation
View original

8 replies

Unfortunately Sound Cloud has no support for this. There's also not a way to manually edit our RSS feed to add the episode designation
Can Soundcloud add it as an option in the metadata section...like Libsyn does?
Can Soundcloud add it as an option in the metadata section...like Libsyn does?

I really wish they would but there's been no news of any plans to add the support
But that might change based on Apple's recent changes...right now we have no way to tell iTunes what episode of the podcast we're on.
Soundcloud needs to enable this immediately
https://community.soundcloud.com/podcasting-230062/adding-itunes-podcast-meta-data-tags-7428442#post18067205

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a priority.
Same feature request from me.
I get that Podcasting isn't a priority for Soundcloud but they need to do a much better job keeping up with changes. We're looking at moving two paid SoundCloud accounts to Libsyn 🤷‍♂️