Answered

Invalid XML

• 7 December 2017
  • 1 reply

So I'm using my RSS feed from SoundCloud to have my podcast on iTunes. It's been a few weeks and everything has been fine. For some reason the connection to my RSS feed got severed on iTunes and this was the error message I got.

Error parsing feed: Invalid XML: Error on line 66: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference

How do I fix this?
icon

Best answer by Peter Pilgrim - PEAT UK 11 December 2017, 22:48

Rewrite all of your Podcast's headline and episode descriptions with only alphanumeric characters.
Do NOT you use special characters like "less than", "greater than" and avoid "ampersand" characters.

Please provide the RSS URL for your podcast, which you should get from your profile.

*DAMN* As suspected this is a bug is SoundCloud, XML output generation. The code should be provide better UX for non-technical people. Grrr! The code should these turn special characters into the equivalent HTML entities (short hand) AUTOMATICALLY.
View original

1 reply

Rewrite all of your Podcast's headline and episode descriptions with only alphanumeric characters.
Do NOT you use special characters like "less than", "greater than" and avoid "ampersand" characters.

Please provide the RSS URL for your podcast, which you should get from your profile.

*DAMN* As suspected this is a bug is SoundCloud, XML output generation. The code should be provide better UX for non-technical people. Grrr! The code should these turn special characters into the equivalent HTML entities (short hand) AUTOMATICALLY.