Answered

Is it possible to password protect a Podcast?

• 12 December 2018
  • 1 reply

I work at a large corporation and have been producing a podcast for internal purposes. I would like to host it somewhere and protect the content.

It's currently hosted on our intranet (we use Confluence) behind SSO. I can produce an RSS feed from Confluence however I can't get a podcast reader to accept the feed. It prompts for a user/password and my SSO credentials don't work.

Is it possible to achieve this through soundcloud?

Ultimately I want to get it to a state where it is appearing in a podcast reader. I understand I can do this with Soundcloud, but can I password protect the content?

What are my other options?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by s l i g h t 12 December 2018, 14:59

You cannot password protect on SoundCloud. You can keep your uploads private on SoundCloud and embed them on another site that is password protected. For example you could set up a really basic free wordpress site purely for hosting these tracks.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
You cannot password protect on SoundCloud. You can keep your uploads private on SoundCloud and embed them on another site that is password protected. For example you could set up a really basic free wordpress site purely for hosting these tracks.