Question

Is there a way to re-order my tracks on my profile page?

• 25 January 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi there!

We just started a podcast on SoundCloud and many of our listeners are giving feedback that they are accidentally listening to the most recently posted episode (Episode 3) first and don't realize that they've missed the first two episodes. Is there a way to:

1. Re-order tracks once they have been posted?
2. Make the Playlist page the default landing page for our profile so we can arrange the tracks that way?

We welcome any other suggestions you have.

Thanks so much!

-Andrea

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

1. Re-ordering your tracks is not possible - your tracks will show in reverse chronological order, with the newest content showing up on top. Alternatively, you could either create a playlist, which would then show on top until the next track is uploaded and change the order of the episodes in there. Or, you could use the Spotlight feature in order to highlight up to 5 tracks or playlists on the top of your public profile. Please note that Spotlight is a pro feature however.
2. The "All" tab is currently the default tab, and this cannot be changed at the moment. I will forward your feedback about this to the relevant product team though.

All the best
Mathis
Hi there,

1. Re-ordering your tracks is not possible - your tracks will show in reverse chronological order, with the newest content showing up on top. Alternatively, you could either create a playlist, which would then show on top until the next track is uploaded and change the order of the episodes in there. Or, you could use the Spotlight feature in order to highlight up to 5 tracks or playlists on the top of your public profile. Please note that Spotlight is a pro feature however.
2. The "All" tab is currently the default tab, and this cannot be changed at the moment. I will forward your feedback about this to the relevant product team though.

Mathis

Soo... even with a "pro" account this is not possible? This seems an tremendous oversight/opportunity for fixing. It doesn't make sense when an artist wants to highlight certain works toward the top of the list. Please give us this option - thank you! -ant
Hi there,

All the best
Mathis

Come on guys!

Sort it out.

How hard can it be to add this very simple function to your already extensive code?

Seriously. Get it sorted. So many people would be greatful.

Im paying you and have done for years, just like many others do. Also, I posted about this over a year ago now and nothing has been done and no one has informed me that nothing will be done, which seems to be the case.
Yeah being able to properly sort is a fundamental need. I actually uploaded my albums in reverse order accidentally so the old is before the new on my track list. That is obviously undesirable. You want the newest releases above the older. So I hope that you guys can get that to us. Otherwise love what you are doing and have been doing on SoundCloud. Keep up the good work.

If i was to delete and re-upload in order will i loose all my stats data ?