Question

Is there a way to submit an iTunes podcast so that it can be found in SoundCloud?

• 13 April 2016
  • 6 replies

We have a podcast hosted on Libsyn and showing on iTunes. What is the link/process to submit so that it can be found on SoundCloud as well? A bit of a newbie. Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Carolyn,

Welcome to SoundCloud, everything you need to know is here. Let us know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Gina
Thanks, Gina. That was helpful. But I'm still a little confused. So I place my current podcast feed (Libsyn) in the SoundClound settings/content area, yes? But it seems like it's going to submit it to iTunes. We are already on iTunes, I just want to be able to be found on SoundCloud as well. I'm sure I'm overcomplicating it but I want to be sure I understand. Thanks for your help. 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge
As far as I know, you can't syndicate directly to SoundCloud from an outside source. If you want your podcast to be available on SoundCloud, you will need to pay for the hosting level you need and then manually upload your files to your SoundCloud account. You wouldn't be obligated to submit your SoundCloud RSS feed to iTunes.
Thanks everyone. I figured it out. If I go to my Libsyn account > Destinations > Add New, it will allow me to send to SoundCloud.
I have the same question, but I use the Opinion podcast app. Unfortunately, Carolyn your solution won't work for me. How do I manually upload my old episodes so they can be found on my SoundCloud Pro account?
Userlevel 5
Badge
I have the same question, but I use the Opinion podcast app. Unfortunately, Carolyn your solution won't work for me. How do I manually upload my old episodes so they can be found on my SoundCloud Pro account?
Does Opinion have a way to download your old episodes? If so, you'll need to download them to a local device and then upload them to your SoundCloud account.