Question

Is there way a way to mark some podcasts as clean and others as explicit on the same feed?

I have two shows on my RSS feed with SoundCloud. One is explicit, the other is clean. Problem is I have no way of changing one to clean without making the other and vice versa. Is there any way I can do that?

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Looks like they finally introduced this in the metadata section for tracks.
Any updates on this issue? It's very important to creating a podcast that's advertised appropriately.
Is there any update on this issue? When we first started our podcast, it was explicit (swear words), and now, we've cleaned up the content and want to mark the new episodes as clean. Is there a way to do this? Seems like a simple boolean check box to me.
Userlevel 1
Agree that this is a huge issue. Can we please see an update?
Are there any updates on this issue yet? I'm on the verge of cancelling my premium subscription if this still hasn't been addressed after all this time (or doesn't at least have someone working on a solution).

I know podcasts were recently opened up to everyone and aren't just in beta anymore, so I'd hope something this basic and necessary would have been dealt with before that. But I still don't see any options. I'm about to bring my podcast back after a short break, and need to know if that's going to continue to be with SoundCloud.

Love the platform. It seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to lose paying customers over when it's an industry-standard feature with a real impact on listener numbers.

We'd also very much like to see this option made available. The whole feed/no feed situation is really not a solution.
Userlevel 1
Are there any updates on this issue yet? I'm on the verge of cancelling my premium subscription if this still hasn't been addressed after all this time (or doesn't at least have someone working on a solution).

I know podcasts were recently opened up to everyone and aren't just in beta anymore, so I'd hope something this basic and necessary would have been dealt with before that. But I still don't see any options. I'm about to bring my podcast back after a short break, and need to know if that's going to continue to be with SoundCloud.

Love the platform. It seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to lose paying customers over when it's an industry-standard feature with a real impact on listener numbers.
We absolutely agree with the above. We're premium users now, but are already looking for an alternative source to allow our individual episodes to be marked as clean/explicit.
It answers my question Ms. Gina (it's pretty much what I figured the answer would be), but as Jennmattern said would be very helpful if we could mark each one. Just put the explicit option on each episode as you upload it for those of us with an RSS feed, one click to change it. Or the ability to edit that one line in the feed for users....
Userlevel 1
This is a must-have feature. I have one explicit episode, and I'm losing listeners because your system can only mark the entire feed explicit or clean. I've gotten more than a handful of complaints already from people who want to listen but are concerned because of the explicit label. I know iTunes can mark specific tracks explicit without needing the whole feed to be marked that way. Other podcast hosts make this possible. Please have your devs look into this. Being forced to label a full feed explicit over a few episodes is not an acceptable solution. I love SoundCloud so far, but this is going to become a deal-killer and drive me elsewhere if you can't fix it. There are enough hurdles to building a regular community of listeners. Tech restraints from a podcast host shouldn't add to them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Morandir,

Thanks for asking your question on the help forum. Unfortunately you can only mark your rss feed as clean or explicit. If you have episodes with a variety of content then I would suggest marking the feed as explicit (I hear iTunes is strict on this) and then in the individual track descriptions you can add more specific clean/explicit labels.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
Gina